An air compressor with 80-gallon tank size and a two-stage pump is appropriate combination for running the most demanding air tools conveniently and extensively. But if you want to choose the best 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor, don’t decide without doing a little research on it as it a quiet pricy investment.
The 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor is a reliable tool for DIY homeowners, contractors, and seasonal enthusiasts to handle a range of compressed air projects efficiently within a short time.
Handyman’s pick: 6 Best 80 Gallon 2 Stage Air Compressor
Due to its quality function and improved productivity ability, this specially customized air compressor is a bit expensive. But don’t prioritize the price over the project requirements while choosing the 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor, as it can only lead to a frustrating situation.
Instead, check the shortest list of 80 gallon 2 stage air compressors we have reviewed to find the most quality and capable unit for your specific project within budget. Despite the guide will help you determine the right 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor from the wide market based on buying tips.
Top 80 Gallon Air Compressor
DEWALT: 80 Gallon 2 Stage Air Compressor
- This 2 stage air compressor includes a 5 HP motor with thermal overload protection to remain safe from voltage fluctuations and offer longer service life.
- It has 2 quick-connects and a higher CFM at 100 PSI to run multiple air tools at a time for improved productivity.
- Design with an oil-lubricated pump and an integrated control panel for the most accurate performance with cooler running.
- This 80-gallon air compressor comes with cast iron construction for enhanced durability and a longer life span.
This is a heavy-duty 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor made by well-reputed air compressor brand DEWALT. The compressor can handle any extreme job site conveniently. However, the main selling point of this air compressor is that it’s ready to use right out of the box, has dual, outlets, a built-in gauge, and a regulator. Despite the best air compressor is made of solid cast iron and designed with a 5 HP motor and an oil-lubricated pump with a 2-year warranty.
Combine these features this large capacity air compressor will offer improved performance with longer runtime. But the unit is a bit heavy and you may need hearing protection and regular maintenance of oil changing.
- The compressor is available at a reasonable price and comes with solid construction and an advanced design. This air compressor is highly powerful, easy to use, and ideal for heavy-duty projects.
- This air compressor isn’t a portable unit and may need ear protection for longer operation.
Powermate: 80 Gallon Electric Air Compressor
- This 2 stage air compressor is made of a cast iron crankcase and cylinder for increased durability.
- The compressor has an on/off switch and sight glass displays for ease of operation and monitoring oil levels properly.
- This quiet 80-gallon air compressor includes a duty dual voltage induction motor for trouble-free operation.
- Safety features include a fully enclosed metal belt guard to protect moving parts.
If you are looking for the best 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor to run demanding air tools consistently, try this Powermate Vx 80-Gallon Electric Air Compressor. Comes with 155 PSI max power, this air compressor can produce 14CFM at 90 PSI, making the unit suitable to run any air tool longer without interruption. Not only that, this 80-gallon air compressor is powerful and safer to use since the item has a 4.7HP motor and a three-cylinder pump.
Most of the weight of this air compressor is on the top; probably that’s probably why the manufacturer designed it with a true stand for increased stability. You may require three strong people to remove the air compressor from the pallet and a professional electrician for installation.
- This larger capacity air compressor is appropriate for running any demanding air tool constantly and longer with its powerful motor, heavy-duty pump, and tough construction. Besides, the compressor is easy to run and maintain with its power switch and glass display.
- The air compressor doesn’t come with a pressure regulator and it will require a professional electrician for installation.
Ingersoll-Rand: 80 Gallon Two Stage Compressor
- The air compressor can deliver 24 CFM at 90 PSI with a max of 175 PSI, making the unit ideal for using Tire Hammer.
- This compact 2 stage air compressor has a cast iron crankcase for enhanced durability.
- Construct with one piece connecting rod and overhung crankshaft for easier maintenance
- The manufacturer promises over 15,000 hours of trouble-free use for assured longevity.
This Ingersoll-Rand 80 gal Two-Stage Compressor is designed to handle industrial-grade jobs and offers powerful performance throughout all seasons. So, whether it’s construction work, metalwork, or other commercial tasks, this 2-stage air compressor will handle the job precisely thanks to its powerful 7.5hp motor and 100% running power at 230 Volts.
More importantly, that compressor got synthetic oil-lubricated two that offer around 15,000 hours of runtime between oil changes, while the typical compressor needs to change the oil after about 2000 hours of usage. Another unique feature includes radial fins coupled with a Cooper intercooler. In particular, the feature will ensure a cooler-running compressor during harsh use. Last but not least, the 80-gallon air compressor has a two-year warranty for confident use.
- This 80-gallon air compressor is a reliable unit to use for any industrial use throughout the years. It has a powerful synthetic lubricant motor with higher PSI and a user-friendly design.
- It may be available at a decent price, but the item doesn’t include start-up kits, which will increase the cost. Plus the compressor isn’t a portable addition.
Industrial Air: Best 80 gallon Air Compressor
- The air compressor comes with a pre-wired and mounted magnetic starter for an easier start-up.
- Design with thermal overload protection, a powerful motor for improved perforation without voltage fluctuations.
- It has an integrated control panel for superior user experience and convenience.
- Constructed with rugged cast iron materials for long-lasting service and three feet for stability.
Made of rugged cast iron materials, this Industrial Air IV5048055 80 gallon 2 Stage Air Compressor is another impressive item on our list. This vertical-design air compressor features thermal overload protection and a 5 HP electric motor for long-lasting operation while protecting against voltage fluctuations. Another exciting feature includes patented pump asymmetrical cooling fins and a cast iron flywheel.
Combine these features; this operator will have a cooler running air compressor with efficient and consistent compression. Design with two quick-connect air outlets, this best 2 stage air compressor can deliver 17.0-CFM at 175-PSI to run two heavy-duty air tools at a time for improved productivity. This 80-gallon air compressor may be a bit loud, but it is still suitable for any home or industry that needs the faster and easier operation of compressed air.
- These 80 gallon 2 stage air compressors will be ideal for both home and commercial use. The compressor can produce 17.9-CFM at 100 PSI and includes a 5 HP motor with two air outlets.
- The compressor is a bit heavier and not suitable for heavy-duty tasks.
Campbell Hausfeld: Best 80 Gallon 2 Stage Air Compressor
- The compressor includes a cast iron crankcase body with an improving design for space-saving fitting and increased pump life.
- This 2 stage air compressor is completely enclosed with a metal belt guard for safer operation.
- The 80-gallon compressor includes huge accessory kits including a 50-foot air hose, chuck, and air gauge for versatile use
- Design with a ductile iron crankshaft with optimal balance for lower vibration and quieter operation.
If you are tired of checking vertical design air compressors and want to have a horizontal and quieter compressor, then buy this Campbell Hausfeld 80 Gallon Two-Stage Air Compressor. This horizontal air compressor is specially designed for auto repair facilities and repair outlets. However, it can be run as a high-demand air tool for sanding, grinding, and paint spraying, conveniently as it delivers 17.2 CFM at 90 PSI.
Despite the fact that it has a 5 HP motor with 175 PSI maximum air pressures to become a reliable addition to the extreme job side. More importantly, the manufacturer promises at least 15000 hours of run time to assure longevity. Another impressive feature includes a ductile iron-made crankshaft. Combine with a rubber foot, this feature ensures smooth and vibrationless operation for a quieter environment.
- This air compressor will be the best 80-gallon air compressor for home use due to its quieter operation and space-saving design. Plus, the compressor is considerably powerful to handle different types of air tools and includes a wide range of accessories and a 3-year warranty.
- The compressor requires regular maintenance and has lower horsepower compared to competitors.
Quiet 80 Gallon
EMAX: Best Quiet 80 Gallon 2 Stage Air Compressor
- With 7.5 horsepower, this 80-gallon air compressor can deliver a 70% duty cycle.
- It can produce 36 CFM at 90 PSI, which is far higher than the requirements of most regular air tools.
- This air compressor has a single-phase motor with a splash lubrication system to ensure a satisfying experience.
- Design with a solid cast iron crankshaft with precision balance for smooth and efficient operation.
This EMAX Vertical 80-Gallon 2-Stage Air Compressor comes with a combination of tough quality, wild performance, and surprisingly quiet operation. The first exciting feature is that it comes with a 5-year warranty and a guarantee of 50,000 hours of use. But you have to use the air compressor properly with regular maintenance. Despite the fact that the compressor can produce 36 CFM at 90 PSI, which is far more than competitors, most air tools don’t require such extremely high airflow.
Another impressive thing is that the producer used Whisper 100 inside the unit. In particular, the feature dissipates the noise through pre-filter media and baffles plates with a channel that greatly reduces noise. Thus, running this 80-gallon air compressor, you will have a calm environment even though it has a 7.5 HP motor that can deliver 175 PSI.
- This advanced quality air compressor is a quiet and reliable option for both outdoor and indoor use for any compressed air task. It is made of solid construction, has a powerful motor with higher PSI, and offers a 5-year warranty.
- The manufacturer should improve the duty cycle and the item is a bit heavier.
Factors to pick the Best 80 gallon 2 stages air compressor
The first step in choosing a premium quality, the larger-sized air compressor is to check the material it is made of. It is also helpful for an 80-gallon air compressor, which is a bit on the pricy side.
Choose an 80-gallon air compressor that is made of cast iron to enjoy long-lasting service. Also, check the expected run time of the pump to get an idea of the longevity of the item.
The purpose of using an air compressor also plays a great role while choosing the best 80-gallon air compressor. The intended use of a certain compressor will let you pick the right type. For example, to accomplish a small project like inflating car tires, you can pick a compressor with light to medium power. Conversely, pick a heavy-duty 2 stage air compressor for demanding tasks.
The air pressure inside the tank is referred to as PSI, and most of the air compressors have a 115 PSI rating on average. However, most air tools require 90 PSI to run efficiently. But picking a powerful air compressor with 150PSI won’t be unusual.
The capability of the engine greatly affects the overall performance of the air compressor. Picking an 80-gallon air compressor with a higher HP motor will make the unit suitable for heavy-duty projects and withstand any extreme pressure.
An air compressor is designed with lots of moving parts, and unfortunately, these produce some noise. But you can choose between a quieter and a louder unit by checking its dB level. If you have to mostly work indoors, then pick an air compressor with a lower dB rating as much as you can. However, choosing a compressor with an average dB of noise level will be considered for outdoor use.
Cubic Feet per Minute
CFM prefers the amount of compressed air produced by a compressor over a certain period. To run an air tool consistently, an air compressor should have a higher CFM. Despite you can determine the required CFM for certain air tools by multiplying their manufacturer-recommended CFM by 1.5. For example, if the air tool is 2 CFM, then you will require a compressor with at least 3 CFM to run the tool conveniently. Another important thing is to check the compressor CFM rating at 90 PSI, as most air tools run on this PSI.
Oil-Lubricated Vs. Oil-Free
While oil-lubricated pumps need to refill oil regularly to lubricate their pistons, oil-free compressors can lubricate their pistons on their own. But oil-free pumps aren’t suitable for the heavy-duty task as these are mostly designed to run small air tools.
Single Stage vs 80 Gallon Two Stage Air Compressor
The stage number of an air compressor indicates how many times the device will compress air. While a single-stage air compressor can compress air only once, a two-stage model can do it twice. An air compressor that compresses air twice offers more pressure and ensures a consistent air supply for a longer time.
Despite this, a two-stage air compressor is a more versatile and reliable option for any type of side. However, this unit takes a long time to refill the tank compared to its one-stage counterparts. A single-stage air compressor directly stores the compressed air in its tank for further use. Conversely, a two-stage air compressor repeats the cycle to store the compressed air, which causes extra time.
Why Do You Need an 80 Gallon Air Compressor?
Whether you are a seasonal DIYer or a professional enthusiast, investing in an 80-gallon air compressor will let you handle heavy-duty compressed air tasks efficiently. It also offers two key advantages over the smaller-sized air compressor:
To run an air tool with higher PSI, the air compressor should have good and compatible CFM. Using an 80-gallon air compressor, you will have more reliable service than a 30 or 60-gallon air compressor.
With improved power and extra compressed air capacity, an 80-gallon compressor air can run up to 20 different air tools to complete any type of compressed air task efficiently and quickly.
How does a two-stage compressor work?
Usually, a two-stage air compressor works on the following steps:
First Stage Compression: After turning on the air compressor’s pump, the low-pressure cylinder piston goes down. At this time, the inlet valve forces clean air into the cylinder. After completing the suction process, the inlet valve closes automatically, and the piston starts moving upward. This process lowers the cylinder volume and increases the air compressor PSI.
Cooling: At the 1st stage, the air gets pressurised; hence the temperature and the pressure of the cylinder increase. Simultaneously, the volume was reduced. This higher pressure opens the outlet valve and sends the hot pressurised air to the intercooler to reduce the heat of air. After that, the air enters into the high-pressure cylinder.
Second Stage Compression: After sending the cool pressurised air to the high-pressure cylinder, the compressor repeats the process. Finally, the high-pressure air gathers on the air tank. A two-stage air compressor can produce up to 175 PSI of air pressure that is good enough to run any heavy-duty air tool conveniently.
Advantages of Larger 80 Gallon Air Compressors
Considering the air tool requirements, DIYers need to pick the desired size of an air compressor for the best outcome. The following are some instances where you will find the larger air compressor beneficial as it will serve you properly, especially for dealing with heavy-duty tasks:
High Temperature: A larger air compressor like an 80-gallon tank can perform incredibly at higher temperatures and become cool between projects. It also lowers the chance of getting lost and lets you handle heavy-duty tasks conveniently.
CFM Output: CFM usually refers to the ability of an air compressor. Larger air compressor designs with higher CFM ratings make them compatible with heavy-duty air tools to handle commercial grade operations.
A Balance between Horsepower and CFM: An air compressor with a lower CFM and higher HP usually heats quickly. A larger air tank helps make a good balance between CFM and HP to offer longer operations without getting extremely hot.
The volume of compressed air: A larger air compressor can produce the highest volume of compressed air to run multiple air devices at a time. it will not only boost productivity but also reduce the trouble of refilling air frequently.
Longevity: Frequently powering off and on the air compressor greatly reduces its longevity. Running an electric motor longer between intervals makes it more efficient, which makes the unit last longer, an impressive advantage of a larger air tank.
Versatility: A larger air compressor comes with higher power and pressure levels. Thus, it can run through a different type of air tool at a time, saving time and increasing productivity.
FAQs on Best 80 Gallon 2 Stage Air Compressor
What is the best portable 2 stage air compressor?
Truthfully, a two-stage air compressor with a larger capacity won’t be a portable item. These come in heavyweight and may require three strong people to move and carry. However, the Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon Air Compressor is considerably lighter in weight and needs less effort for portability. Despite you can choose the Campbell Hausfeld XC302100 Vertical Two-Stage Air Compressor for improved mobility but at a sacrifice in tank capacity.
How heavy is an 80-gallon air compressor?
A quality 80-gallon air compressor is usually made of cast iron for improved durability and longevity, which increases its weight. The weight of the air compressor can vary from 350lbs to 950lbs and even more. Thus, it requires two or more people to transport it, and it isn’t a versatile option.
Which brand of air compressor is best?
The industry for air compressors is huge and you will find lots of big names in this category who are well renowned for producing quality compressors. Some of the popular brands are DEWALT, Powermate, Ingersoll-Rand, Industrial Air, and Campbell Hausfeld.
Is a two-stage air compressor better than a single-stage?
Generally, 2 stage air compressors run more efficiently, are cooler, and produce more CFM compared to one-stage air compressors. But most air compressors use oil-lubricated motors, which require more maintenance as well. Finally, a single-stage air compressor is suitable for light to medium-duty compressed air tasks, while a two-stage compressor is mostly used in heavy-duty industrial projects.
Hopefully, you have found the article enough to make an informed decision on buying the best 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor. We have delivered 6 top 80 gallons 2 stage air compressor reviews and a helpful buying guide as well as extensive beneficial information on the larger capacity compressor.
So you can now pick the best air compressor from the reliable list as well as the wide market, keeping these factors in mind. However, the purpose of using the air compressor is the key consideration of choosing the right compressor for a certain project.