Have you tried putting a nail or a screw through that solid concrete wall? Want something easier than that plain old drill machine? What you need is a hammer drill to get you through. If you’re going to find the best corded hammer drill for concrete, look no further. You have come to the right place.
Hammer drills are very much like conventional drills. But they come with a hammering mechanism that drives the drill bit forward. It works like a pulsing hammer as the drill rotates.
A hammered drill is a handy tool that works like a regular drill but with a hammering function. It impacts the bit like a hammer as it spins. This helps the bit to get through your wall material more quickly than ever.
Handyman’s Pick: 3 Best Corded Hammer Drill for Concrete
Power Source: AC
Voltage: 120 Volts
Dimensions: 10.6 x 19.8 x 13.8 inches
Chuck Size: 13 Millimeters
|BOSCH GBH2-28L||Color: Blue/Black
Voltage: 120 Volts
Dimensions: 17.4 x 3.5 x 8.5 inches
Chuck Size: 13 Millimeters
Weight: 6.9 Pounds
Power Source: Corded Electric
Dimensions: 12 x 10.2 x 3 inches
Chuck Size: 0.5 Inches
Hammer drill is a convenient tool to keep in the collection. The intense power of the hammer action can pulverize through any material. A hammering drill comes with two working modes: one using the hammer action, another without it like a regular drill.
There are so many corded hammer drills out there. Let me give you a walkthrough of some of the best concrete hammer drills you can get for the next drilling job.
Top Pick Hammer Drill
Makita HR2641X1 Corded Hammer Drill for Concrete
- This concrete hammer drill features 8 AMP motors that deliver impressive impact energy to efficiently complete any demanding applications.
- It’s the best rotary hammer drill for consistent use that absorbs the impact vibration and reduces hand fatigue.
- It has a variable speed trigger to allow you to set the speed based on the working surface for precise operation.
- The concrete hammer drill has a soft grip D-shaped handle for increased comfort.
The Makita 1″ AVT Rotary Hammer comes with a powerful motor of 8 amps to give a smooth drilling experience. The inbuilt Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) gives you smooth control while working.
The tool includes three operation modes. You can choose from ‘Rotation only,’ ‘hammering with rotation’ or ‘chipping only’ modes. You can easily select the best mode for you with a hammer function selector located below the gearbox.
The drill machine comes with an ergonomic handle that is D-shaped. With a soft rubberized grip, the handle gives you superb control and comfort while working.
The concrete hammer drill comes with a combination of performance, power, and low vibration. This makes the drill ideal for a wide range of applications. The toolkit also comes with an angle grinder. In case of additional work, this powerful grinder can really be handy.
So the Makita hammer drill can stand as one of the best corded hammer drills out there.
- Powerful 8 amps driven motor.
- Anti Vibration Technology (AVT).
- 3 mode operation for versatility.
- Ergonomic rubber gripped the handle.
- It comes with a retractable tool hook.
- Heats up on overload.
- A bit heavier.
- Price slightly high.
Bosch GBH2-28L Rotary Hammer Drill for Concrete
- This SDS plus rotary hammer drill has a powerful robust motor that ensures reliable performance over tough concrete.
- The hammer drill has an integrated sensor that prevents rotation during bit bind-up situations.
- This concrete hammer drill will offer a perfect working angle by rotating and locking the chisel.
- Its variable-speed trigger is upgraded with a reversing function to ensure precise bit starting.
The Bosch SDS-plus Bulldog Max Rotary Hammer comes with an 8.5 amps motor for superior power. It can deliver an impact of 2.4 Ft.-lbs. and 5,100 blows per minute. Weighing only 6.9 lbs., this handy drill is packed up with some serious juice.
The drill comes with advanced Bosch Technology for its superior ease of use. The KickBack Control and Vibration Control will give you extensive comfort and control.
Are you facing some critical angles to drill? With the Vaio-Lock Positioning feature, you can tune the chiseling angle. Those pesky drill positions will be no match for you on those concrete walls of yours.
This concrete hammer drill has three working modes. You can choose between drilling only, hammer drilling, and chiseling, depending on your need.
The Bosch GBH2-28L 1-1/8″ SDS-plus Bulldog Xtreme Max Rotary Hammer is an awesome tool to rely on. It is undoubtedly one of the best hammer drills for concrete to take as an option with its advanced features.
- 8.5 amps motor for power.
- Kickback and Vibration control.
- Vaio Lock technology.
- Variable speed control.
- 3 working modes.
- Balanced grip.
- Costly as it’s for professionals.
DEWALT Corded Hammer Drill for Concrete
- This lightweight hammer drill has a fully rotational handle and a depth rod to ensure greater control and depth accuracy.
- The hammer drill has a powerful motor with an overload protection function to handle tough tasks efficiently.
- This concrete hammer drill has a two-finger rubber variable speed trigger for precise control over the drill and the working surface.
- It’s a versatile hammer drill that is suitable for drilling through both soft and hard surfaces.
If you are looking for the best corded hammer drill, which is lightweight, this is for you. Weighing only 4.3 lbs, this hammer drill is super handy packed with some intense power.
The DEWALT Hammer Drill (DW511) comes with a 7.8 amps motor for its efficient performance. The lightweight design makes sure you get the least amount of fatigue while working.
The drill machine is designed with a 360-degree rubber gripped handle with a depth rod. With its two-finger rubber trigger, it ensures increased comfort and control. The machine also includes overload protection and variable-speed triggers to ensure precise performance.
The DEWALT Hammer Drill press provides two working modes- hammer drill and only drill. You can easily change between modes to squeeze out the optimum performance.
Power and maneuverability are what this tool is all about. Lightweight design, superior grip, and powerful motor make it a super handy tool. This will be an excellent option if you look for the best corded hammer drill for concrete works.
- 7.8 amps motor for intense power.
- Variable speed control.
- Dual working mode.
- Lightweight design.
- 360-degree side handle for optimum usage.
- Uses backdated chucks.
- Overuse causes to heat up.
SKIL 6445-04 Corded Hammer Drill for Concrete walls
- This budget-friendly hammer drill has 1/2 In. keyed chuck to insert larger diameter drill bits for cutting and woodworking.
- With a combination of a 2-finger trigger and a lock-on function, this hammer drill will ensure better control over the job for precise operation.
- This lightweight hammer drill has a side auxiliary handle for comfortable drilling with greater control.
- The hammer drill is designed with a powerful motor and is suitable for drilling tough concrete surfaces.
Want something filled with power and light as a feather to make that hole you need? The SKIL 6445-04 will surprise you. With its superb weight distribution and ease of use, it can carry out any job.
The drill comes with reversible side handles. Left-handed or right, you can change the handle position that suits you the best. It will ensure you superior stability and comfort as you work.
You can also rotate the handle 360 degrees and catch the holes in some pesky angles and directions.
The concrete hammer drill is driven by a powerful motor that runs on 7 amps. With the motor’s variable speed control, you can really squeeze out some serious juice while working.
If you want to find a handy drill to make those holes you wish to, you can surely keep the SKIL 6445-04 in your choice list.
- Lightweight hammer Drill.
- powerful 7 amps motor.
- adjustable side handle.
- Variable speed control.
- 1/2 in. keyed chuck for larger bits.
- Extreme heavy use can cause the motor to heat up.
- rigid switches.
- Overuse loosens the chuck.
Bosch Bulldog: Rotary Hammer Power Drill
- With a powerful 7.5-amp motor, this hammer drill will deliver 2.0 ft./lbs. of impact energy.
- Includes D-handle design grip that makes it suitable for downward and overhead drilling work.
- Design with three different operation mode to ensure optimise working angle.
- This concrete hammer drill comes with a variable-speed trigger that offers accurate bit starting.
Arguably the best hammer drill for concrete, this Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme Hammer Power Drill far more compact than you may expect. With a multi-function selector, this hammer drill can quickly shift between rotations to complete the task. To offer the user an accurate bit starts, this hammer corded drill features a variable-speed reversing trigger.
Additional features include various-lock to rotate the position and lock the chisel into a vast position so the operator can have an optimized working angle. At the same time, its patented rotating brush plate ensures equal power in forward and reverses so the operator can drill concrete accurately.
As an attractive feature the manufacturer add a 35-degree pivot in its cord turret to makes it flexible and boost the cord life. Its integral clutch will help minimize torque reaction while the D-handle grip design ensures greater control and comfortable drilling season.
- Includes Bosch-exclusive rotating brush plate.
- Provides equal power in both directions.
- Lightweight yet durable.
- Ergonomic design.
- Convenient to use.
- Thin and plastic housing.
TACKLIFE Rotary Hammer Drill for Concrete walls
- It includes a soft grip handle that not only prevents slipping off but offers comfort and better handling.
- Design with integral clutch to reduces sudden and high torque reactions.
- Offer high security during the heavy-duty projects.
- With metal depth gauge and 360°rotating handle, concrete hammer drill will offer precise control.
This TACKLIFE Rotary Hammer Drill comes in a great balance of power and price. However, it is available at a comparatively lower cost but the 12.3-amp motor makes it one of the powerful additions in the market. So, whatever your project is to drill concrete, brick, metal, or stone, this hammer drill will provide the impact energy.
With variable speed dial mode, this concrete hammer drill keeps the drill in total control of the users. Most importantly, its ergonomic design will let the owner compare it with other double-price hammer drills.
As an attractive feature the manufacturer design this hammer drill with vibration damping technology so the hammer drill can decrease the vibration effectively and reduce fatigue to ensure the most comfort and precise drilling. To prevent slipping off and offer better handling, the hammer drill includes a soft-grip handle. So, at an affordable price, it will be a safe option as it has an Integral clutch.
- Affordable solution.
- Heavy-duty design.
- Include convenient cover plate.
- Made with vibration damping technology.
- Chuck may jam after a few use.
ENEACRO Heavy Duty Rotary Hammer Drill
- This hammer drill is designed with an auxiliary handle so it can reduce the fatigue of user during long working.
- With a complete motor protection structure, the user will have a dust-free motor .
- Includes 200℃ resistant copper wire motor to ensure long working hours without burning the machine.
- With a safety clutch and 13 amp motor, it will be a safe option that is easy to use.
Looking for the best corded hammer drill for concrete that is powerful and safe? Try this ENEACRO Heavy Duty Rotary Hammer Drill. With a 13-amp powerful motor and safety clutch, this hammer drill will allow you to complete a project with ease and precision.
At the same time, its anti-dust bottom structure and Heat dissipation design will ensure the long-lasting service life of the hammer drill. The best part of this budget-friendly hammer drill is it is constructed with safety clutch protection designed. Thus, the manufacturer promises your wrist while the hammer is offer high torque power.
With an upgraded double-layer anti-vibration system and 360° adjustable handle, this hammer drill for concrete will offer better and stable drilling. Especially these features make this hammer drill the right option for a beginner. It’s a multi-functional hammer drill that makes it a considerable option for a variety of work scenarios.
- Decent price.
- Includes heavy-duty motor.
- Design with an efficient cooling system.
- Protect the motor from burnt.
- Improve work efficiency.
- Poor quality drill case.
AOBEN Rotary Hammer Drill for Concrete Walls
- This hammer drill is designed with Max 1 to 1/4-inch drilling diameter which makes it ideal for concrete drilling.
- With a durable and high-power motor, the hammer drill will deliver much power and efficiency to drill hard-wood, concrete, and metal easily.
- 360-degree handle with fully-adjustable rubber will let the user hold the drill in the right position for long.
With ergonomic design and ease of operating opportunity, this AOBEN SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill is another multi-functional option on our list. Equipped with 13-amp motor 3 drill bits, the hammer drill will not only deliver powerful impact energy but complete any tough project on masonry, concrete, and metal.
With three function mode and double switch buttons, the user has a long-lasting function changing opportunity and operates it based on working condition. Most importantly, this hammer drill for concrete includes Rubber and 360 degrees adjust handle so the user can complete the project comfortably.
At the same time, its double anti-dust bottom structure and well-designed heat dissipation motor make the hammer drill a high-end addition. Thus, it is one of the popular options among most of the handyman. Moreover, at an affordable price, the manufacturer offers a complete set of hammer drills and a portable carrying case.
- Reasonable price.
- Vibration control design.
- Offer complete hammer kit with portable carrying case.
- Easy to control and operate.
- Average quality cooling fan.
Best Budget Rotary
VonHaus: Rotary Hammer Drill for Concrete
- Design with 10-amp motor to offer sufficient power that needed to complete heavy-duty projects.
- With three function modes, the user can operate this hammer based on the comfort level.
- This hammer drill comes with an auxiliary handle with a textured grip to ensure maximum control.
This VonHaus Rotary Hammer Drill is incredibly versatile that is compatible with both SDS and SDS-Plus bits. Besides, it includes an extra chuck for regular bits. With three different function modes and a 10 Amp powerful motor; this concrete hammer drill will deliver enough power to help you make the biggest impact.
On the other hand, its variable speed trigger will keep the tool always in total control even during the tough job. With an auxiliary handle and anti-vibration technology, the customer will have the ease of using a hammer drill.
However, it’s a relatively low-cost option, but surprisingly the manufacturer offers a complete set of hammer drills while many twice-cost hammer drills don’t offer the advantage. Finally, its lightweight yet sturdy design will allow the operator to complete any tough job comfortably.
- Relatively low-cost option.
- Comes in a complete set.
- Lightweight design.
- Easy to operate.
- Some find it has no variable speed mode.
BLACK+DECKER: Corded Hammer Drill for Concrete
- It’s a powerful yet compact hammer drill and is perfect for drilling concrete in tight spaces.
- Design with 1/2 in. keyless chuck, this concrete hammer drill makes bit change easier and faster.
- It has a variable speed trigger to adjust the speed for accurate drilling based on the working surface.
- The hammer drill has a pistol grip handle to offer better control and reduce hand fatigue.
- Maximum Speed: 2800 RPM
- Chuck Design: keyless
- Product Weight: 4.39 pounds
- Warranty: 2 year
- Customer Rating at Amazon: 4.3 out of 5.
This BLACK+DECKER Hammer Drill is capable of drilling through tough concrete, even in confined spaces. The hammer drill also has a powerful 6 amp motor and a variable speed trigger, so you can adjust the speed while penetrating the hard concrete. The hammer drill runs continuously for several minutes, and its pistol grip handle helps maintain optimum control without feeling wobbly.
- It’s a lightweight hammer drill that has enough power to drill through concrete and brick. The hammer drill has ½ inch keyless chuck that offers maximum grip to drill faster. The corded hammer drill is available at a decent price and has a 2-year warranty, while the customer support is also impressive.
- The depth stop scale on this hammer drill is printed in metric, which can be harder for some DIYers to calculate. And if you are left-handed, using the auxiliary handle can be slightly difficult for you.
Benefits of Corded Hammer Drill
A hammer drill makes it easy to penetrate rigid materials like concrete and stones. They are basically of two types – Corded and Cordless. The cordless drills are super portable. But if you want some real power, go for the corded ones. Most professionals and DIYers prefer those.
The versatility of the hammer drill makes it super useful for both housework and heavy-duty constructions. By turning into normal mode, you can easily create simple holes for your DIY tasks. If you think of heavy hole punching in construction sites, you can turn the hammer mode on. This would give you some extra power to penetrate those walls.
If you are a DIYer, you might want to go for a cordless concrete hammer drill for portability ease. But this will limit your use as cordless ones come with less power. So, considering versatility, corded ones are a better choice. Concrete or wood, no material would stand a chance against your drill. So why think further? Get yourself the best hammer drill out there.
How to Drill into Concrete Walls by Corded Hammer Drill
Drilling into concrete is a tough job for rotary drills and can be obstacles to the drill bit. However, hammer drills for concrete walls can create a hole in concrete efficiently by rotating. Before discussing the process, let’s ensure you have these safety gears:
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Heavy gloves
- Dust mask
- Long sleeves
Despite these safety tools, you will require the following equipment:
- Corded hammer drill with masonry bits
- Shop vacuum
Fix the Drilling Point: The drill bit tends to slip from the smooth concrete surface. So create a little notch on the concrete using a hammer.
Indicate the Depth Stop: Set the depth stop on the drill bit following the planned hole. You can set the targeted depth on your drill bit by wrapping tape on the drill bit. The tap will indicate where you will have to stop.
Attach the Drill Bit: Most of the corded hammer drills include a chuck-key system to secure the bit in the drill. Open the chuck jaws using a key, attach the drill bit and tighten it, turning the chuck key clockwise.
Set the Shop Vacuum: Place the shop vacuum nozzle close to the targeted point. To drill a concrete floor or slab, you should place a weighty object over the nozzle to ensure stability. Then switch on the vacuum.
Start drilling: Press the trigger of the drill and slowly and gently start drilling. Don’t push heavily and let the drill do its job.
Take Frequent Breaks: However, using the best-corded hammer drill for concrete, it’s not necessary to take breaks but it is beneficial. The break will let the bit cool down and you will have a chance to clean the hole and check the bit if it is not broken or overly dull.
Factors to Pick the Best Corded Hammer Drill for Concrete
Weight: Would you call a tool handy if it is too heavy to lift? Or, would you prefer a super lightweight tool for heavy power tasks like drilling? Whichever device you choose, it is necessary to be balanced in weight.
A heavy hammered drill will make you fatigue. Contrarily, a lightweight tool will be inefficient for such a sturdy job. So, when you choose your tool, make sure to check the weight.
Speed Control: Variable speed control is an essential feature for any kind of drill machine. A good hammer drill will feature a variable speed setting dial or trigger control. To ensure the variable speed setting, you can try looking for numbered dials on the machine.
Some machines also feature trigger control for more precision based on applied trigger pressure. It is beneficial for one-handed operations.
Drilling Modes: Drilling mode is also an important feature to look for when selecting the best hammer drill. Commonly they come with two basic modes – hammer mode and normal drill mode. Depending on the material, you can choose a suitable mode using a switch. This ‘drill mode’ feature gives the machine better versatility.
Hammer Drill Price: You should always consider the budget whenever selecting the best tool for you. Not always high-end prices refer to the best products. Like all the other products, drill machines can also cost high with bags full of features.
If you are looking for the best hammer drill, try finding the one with the features only you need. Optimizing the price this way can be helpful to filter out the best one.
What is a Corded Hammer Drill used for?
Undoubtedly, the hammer drill is intended to drill through concrete and masonry surfaces. Unlike the regular drill that takes much time and effort, the hammer drill can drill through hard surfaces consistently and efficiently. But specifically, a corded hammer drill contains a powerful motor and gets powered through electrical outlets. It means the power drill can drill through older and tougher concrete without causing power loss.
Therefore, professional enthusiasts and contractors mostly use corded hammer drills to handle demanding drilling tasks. A corded hammer drill may have limited mobility, but by using a long extension cord, you can reduce the mobility and increase the working coverage.
FAQs on Corded Hammer Drill for Concrete
Can I use a hammer drill on concrete work?
A hammer drill is perfect for concretes as well as light masonry, mortar, and bricks. These tools deliver ample power needed to drill concrete as it got a powerful motor. Besides some hammer includes max 1 to 1/4inch drilling diameter which makes them ideal for concrete work.
Why hammers drill different from an impact driver?
A hammer drill is designed with a hammer function while an impact drill includes an impact function. Besides, both are different in their power. Hammer function offers a knock on the top of the hammer drill that is vibrates instead of spins.
What is the difference between hammer drill and a regular drill?
A hammer drill supplies more power than a regular drill and it is mostly used for drilling in concrete and masonry. The hammering portion of a hammer drill can be the turn off so it can work as a regular drill.
Is an impact driver suitable to drill concrete?
Yes, it is acceptable. An impact driver can make a small hole in steel and softwood. Besides, with a freakish amount of torque, it can make a 1/4-inch hole through some concrete.
Will drilling into the concrete crack it?
It depends on the skill level of the user. If it’s not done accurately then the drilling can cause concrete to crack. However concrete looks like a very tough material but usually, it is extremely brittle and tends to crack.
Hope you got the best corded hammer drill for concrete
The word ‘Drilling’ might sound pretty dull and straightforward. But, it is an intricate job. If you do not select the right tool to work with, you may end up pretty bad!
There are loads of hammer drills out there on the market for concrete works. To find the best corded hammer drill for concrete, you should try out a couple of them first. Researching the right model with the features you badly need can create a huge difference.
The article aims to provide you with the knowledge to help you find out the best hammer drill for you. The selected models in the article are some of the best ones preferred by both professionals and DIYers. All the models are equipped with the features that you will find essential.
The final decision is yours to make now. Which one would you take while considering power, performance, comfort, and price?