Do you want to cut or prune large tree branches to embellish your yard? Yes, this is the right time to look for the best cordless saw for cutting tree branches.
Sometimes, it is pretty challenging for a gardener to cut down large tree branches climbing up to the tree with their heavy corded handsaw. For this condition, a cordless saw can be the ultimate solution. Generally, these saws are efficient, mobile, eco-friendly, and easy to operate.
You can use them to chop wood, prune the yard, quickly cut through hardwood, and even prune tree limbs without facing any life hazard. In addition, they are in great demand during construction and repairing work. Also, you can use them in garden houses or on plots to form shrubs, trees, and many other purposes.
Handyman’s Pick: 3 Best Cordless Saw for Cutting Tree Branches
|DEWALT DW4898||Color: Yellow
12.56 x 7.31 x 1.37 inches
Number Of Pieces: 10
|HORUSDY 12-Inch Saw Blades||Color: Orange
Material: HCS High Carbon Steel
0.8 x 0.5 x 12 inches
Number Of Pieces: 5
|Caliastro 12-Inch||Color: Silver
Material: Alloy Steel
Dimensions: 12 x 0.05 x 0.75 inches
Weight: 0.1 Pounds
Compatible with: Wood
Number Of Pieces: 5
There are different saws out there for cutting tree branches. We have brought exclusive saws by searching other marketplaces, user experiences, and personal uses. These are really a game-changer for you when looking for your homestead’s new and fresh look. Let’s have a look at them!
Top Cordless Saw
DEWALT 20V: Best Saw Reciprocating for Cutting Tree Branches
- This reciprocating saw lasts up to 2.5 times longer.
- Varying speed trigger provides speed about 2900 SPM.
- The 14.5″ compact length fits between nails and other compressed spots.
- Only 5 pounds weight makes it easy to carry.
- Luminous LED light illuminates dark working areas.
- 4-position keyless blade clamp enables an easy and quick blade changing as well as flexible cutting.
- It has a stroke length of about 1-1/8″.
- Brand Name: DEWALT
- Length of the blade: 14.5 Inches
- Dimensions: 14.5″ x 6″ x 7″
- Color: Black
- Powered by: Battery
- Amazon Rating: 4.8 out of 5
Dewalt is the most prestigious brand in the saw industry with outstanding features. They have maximum positive reviews from the customers and have gained the trust of millions of users worldwide. That’s why it is the best saw for cutting tree branches on our list.
Being wireless, the Dewalt DCS36B is perfect where there is a problem with an outlet. It’s powerful enough for professional workers and sufficient light for the homeowners. You can use this tool for heavy construction but don’t forget to charge up the battery when it runs out.
This compact reciprocating saw cuts more easily between nails and other tight spots than other traditional saws. Its brushless motor provides up to 2.5 times longer running time to complete your project.
Moreover, this compact brushless reciprocating saw is an excellent choice for maintenance specialists, plumbers, HVAC professionals, and electricians who need faster cutting. This one-handed model is still a perfect option for more intimate areas, but you must sacrifice speed.
- Changing the blades takes just a few seconds with the 4-position keyless clamp. You should not perform any cutting operation in the dark, but a bright LED light illuminates the working area in darkness. This saw contains an ergonomic handle that is easy to control though it is unnecessary for a lightweight tool around 5 pounds.
- Sometimes it may get hot in case of a heavy task. So, change the blade and charge up the battery on that occasion. Also, the vibration may be extreme, but the monstrous performance may suit this issue.
BLACK DECKER: Cordless Saw for Cutting Trees
- This saw is made for multiple uses, like cutting nails, drywall, wood, plaster, rubber compounds, plastic, fiberglass, etc.
- A portable blade shoe provides maximum control during rotation and angle adjustment.
- Built-in brake mechanism ensures added safety.
- You can quickly change the blade while working.
- Lightweight and compact design won’t tire you when you’re done.
- Various speed triggers provide cutting speed up to 3000 RPM.
- The battery system is interchangeable, and you can utilize a battery for different tools.
- Brand Name: BLACK DECKER
- Number of Teeth: 18
- Dimensions: 15.63″ x 3.44″ x 7.13″
- Voltage: 20V
- Powered by: Battery, air
- Amazon Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Complete your DIY projects with powerful, easy-to-use tools like the BLACK DECKER cordless saw for cutting trees. The compact and lightweight design allows you to cut various materials such as wood, tree limbs, drywall, rubber compounds, fiberglass, and much more. You can efficiently work on one hand to cut the roots and branches.
It means that you can do everything with this saw, including trimming the trunk and roots from 9″ to 10″ with a 12″ trimming blade. The blade can also handle the dirt well when cutting roots.
The saw is not devoid of power. The saw is lightweight with a smaller LBXR20 battery that will run out quickly. A new pruning blade can carry about 3/4 of the tree trunk and roots before a fully charged battery runs out.
- A variable speed trigger lets you control cutting speeds up to 3,000 rpm; while a rotating blade shoe gives you even more grip while adjusting angles and turns. The built-in brake helps you stay safe when you work. Also, the tool-free blade replacement enables you to move on to the next task without any hassle.
- This saw has plenty of vibrations. All vibration mechanisms are transmitted to the hand holding the rear grip. It can be a little frustrating. Wear gloves instead to work conveniently.
WORX: Best Cordless Saw for Pruning Trees
- You can cut different materials like wood, metal, tiles, ceramics, plastic, tree branches, PVC pipes, aluminium, copper, fiberglass, and roots.
- The rotating button head enables you to instantly use your jigsaw as a reciprocating saw and back into the previous position.
- Light circular motions are more practical to get your job done faster with less pressure on the hands.
- The battery fits all Worx 40V and 20v devices.
- Weight only 4.2 pounds makes it easier to maneuver and make brutal cuts.
- The built-in blower keeps debris and dust away from your cutting surface, providing a better cutting view and a convenient working environment.
- Brand Name: WORX
- Number of Teeth: 18
- Dimensions: 9″ x 5″ x 6.5″
- Speed: 3000 RPM
- Powered by: Battery
- Amazon Rating: 4.6 out of 5
When looking for the best cordless saw for pruning trees, you can go for the WORX WX550L 20v saw. This saw is lightweight and easy to carry. You can’t do much more heavy work with it, but it performs pretty well when you want to prune trees and bushes.
This tool will surely save your time and money, and the compact design will save you from the hand and arm pain usually associated with using such saws. The lightweight feature makes it easy to use, essential for those intricate designs you’re about to cut using a jigsaw.
Moreover, the soft shock-absorbing handle reduces the frustrating movements inherent in working with the reciprocating saw. This Axis has a 0.4A charger and 20V 1.5A battery that can be used with any Worx Power tool. This can save you money when you want to share batteries with cordless tools.
- It operates at 3000 rpm with a ¾” stroke length and can cut different materials like wood, steel sheet, PVC pipe, and much more. LED light illuminates dark working areas. Also, there are off switch locks to prevent unintentional starting. The simple blade changing system is comfortable and fits all typical jigsaws and reciprocating saw blades.
- This saw produces sound. This saw isn’t for you if you want minimum sound and can complete a monumental task. The battery is not enough for big projects.
OICGOO: New Mini Chainsaw for Cutting Tree Branches
- This chain saw has a brushless motor to cut hardwood.
- It does not heat up quickly as the overheating protection will not break after long-term use.
- This electric chainsaw takes about 10 seconds to cut through a 6″ diameter trunk.
- The motor and battery have multistage protection against over current, overload, and overheating.
- Built-in guide plate quickly dissipates heat and is highly resistant to drops and abrasion.
- The installation process of the device is straightforward.
- Brand: OICGOO
- Powered by: Battery, Electric Cord
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 16.3″ x 7.17″ x 5.12″
- Weight: 3.96 lbs
- Amazon Rating: 4.5 out of 5
OICGOO’s cordless chain saw uses a brushless motor, eliminating the shortcomings of many common electric saws, with a larger cutting diameter, longer standby, faster cutting, and longer service life.
You can keep using it without having to wait often. This will further increase the efficiency of your gardening.
This best electric saw for cutting tree branches is convenient for pruning tree branches and gardening. It weighs 1.54 pounds and has an overall length of just 14 inches. You won’t be tired of the extra weight.
Its switch can adapt the speed based on the power, and you may adjust the cutting speed based on your operating conditions. The whole installation process only takes 1 minute. You have just to ensure the full charge of the battery.
- The brushless motor runs with much less friction than conventional motors, increasing durability and life. You can keep using it more efficiently without thinking about the heat. A guard covering one side of the chain can defend against wood splashes. Thanks to the non-slip grip, the handle is very comfy.
- You can’t cut all types of materials through it. It is not suitable for cutting dry boards and extensive woods. Sometimes the grip seems too hard for the left-handers.
Foonsen: Handheld Cordless Chain Saw for Cutting Tree Branches
- This chain saw can cut quickly and efficiently with the pure copper motor inside.
- It is equipped with a safety switch in case of failure, so accidental pressing reduces the number of accidents.
- The non-slip handle makes it easier for you to operate with one hand.
- This wood saw is portable and lightweight, and the one-handed operation is doable even for females.
- This chainsaw’s runtime is about 30-40 minutes on a full charge.
- The safety lock button reduces accidents when pressed by mistakes.
- Brand: Foonsen
- Powered by: Battery
- Color: Orange
- Dimensions: 12.36″ x 4.88″ x 4.45″
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Amazon Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The FOONSEN Hand Saw is ideal for various households, yards, gardens, or farms. You can use this saw for cutting tree branches, pruning, and gardening.
This cordless chainsaw can cut branches 6 inches in diameter in 10 seconds. This battery-powered chainsaw’s cutting speed is swift and efficient thanks to the powerful 15000 rpm motor, which can increase the efficiency of your yard.
This handheld chainsaw weighs 2.4 lbs along with a battery. Also, the overall length is 13 inches with a soft non-slip handle. In addition to the LED light, it helps you cut very cleanly.
It is also perfect for women to saw wood, cut tree branches, and garden with one hand. You can gift it to your friends, loved ones, or relatives.
- When you hold the cordless mini saw in your hands, safety is enhanced by combining a fail-safe button and a guide plate. Thanks for the built-in LED on the mini chainsaw that helps you cut wood more efficiently while maintaining excellent safety. The front deflector plate of the cordless chainsaw prevents sawdust splashing during cutting and trimming. You can rotate it 90-degree, which is also suitable for safety and efficiency.
- This tool works only for light or small branches and twigs, not hard and heavy work. Also, some users have found it difficult to replace the chain.
JUEMEL: Best Electric Chainsaw for Cutting Tree Branches
- The JUEMEL chainsaw is an excellent choice for home, garden, orchard, or farm work.
- It contains high-quality chains and gears made in Germany with high-quality deep hardened guide chains.
- The chainsaw is designed for one-hand operation; even low-power users can operate it.
- It has come up with two lighter, more powerful batteries and lasts longer than others.
- The built-in diaphragm plate quickly dissipates heat to keep the motor at an average temperature and is highly resistant to drops and abrasion.
- This chain saw with a non-slip handle provides a comfortable, balanced, and smooth grip.
- Brand: Juemel
- Powered by: Battery
- Color: Orange
- Dimensions: 14.06″ x 8.43″ x 4.57″
- Weight: 4.07 pounds
- Amazon Rating: 4.5 out of 5
The JUEMEL mini chainsaw has a pure copper engine with reliable power and quick rotation. Also, it has a protection system that lasts longer and is safer.
This chainsaw is quieter, safer, and easier to use. That is why the company has developed a protective cover that stops sawdust from splattering when trimming and cutting branches and is extremely safe.
With built-in LED light, you can work quickly and smoothly in dark rooms, or at night, and narrow spaces do not limit your work. Moreover, it is suitable for the most common trees with a 5 to 10 cm diameter, cut quickly and efficiently, improving your work efficiency.
- It is suitable for wood cutting, tree branch pruning, branch trimming, gardening, municipal landscape projects, and more. Thanks to the sprocket built into the insert guide, which assures a smooth cut, the chains do not loosen easily and are more resistant to wear. The lock-off feature is more secure to use. Two batteries will save you a lot of money and spend more time on one purchase.
- This saw has a sharp chain that may cause an accident. Wear protective gloves when operating the device for safety reasons. Left-handers have found it challenging to handle, and also put in some lubricants for smooth operations.
The Benefits of Using Cordless Saw for Cutting Trees
Cordless saws have so many upsides. That’s why they are famous worldwide. Following are some advantages of utilising a cordless chainsaw:
The most important advantage of utilizing a cordless saw is safety. As it doesn’t emit fumes, the chance of inhaling toxic gas or lighting a fire is more petite. As a result, it is far safer than other saws for trimming tree branches.
Convenient To Use
A cordless saw is simple to operate and eliminates the need to lug about an extension cable. This makes it ideal for minor jobs or working in confined locations, such as chopping tree branches. Furthermore, the absence of wires provides more security because there is less chance of stumbling over or being entangled in it.
Simple to store and maintain
Since there are no cables or gas tanks to worry about, cordless chainsaws require relatively little maintenance. This makes them simple to keep clean and in excellent operating order wherever used for tree cutting. All you have to do is maintain the ring crisp and greased.
They are also simple to move from one place to another. This is especially vital if your job requires you to move around a lot. They are also lighter in weight than gasoline chainsaws, making them more user-friendly.
Cordless chainsaws are ideal for landscaping chores, cutting wood, and many other materials. This makes them highly beneficial if you require a saw to handle various jobs.
Best Cordless Saw for Cutting Tree Branches: Buying Guide
The popularity of cordless saws is gaining day by day. In addition, these power tools have various designs and functions. Always go for the best one on your budget. Now, find out the features you have to watch out for before buying a cordless saw.
The noise level of a saw depends on the machine type. The sound depends on what materials you cut and the saw’s motor.
For loud sound, you can look for a saw with a higher decibel rating. For a more tranquil sound, you can look for a lower decibel value.
Never compromise with the durability of the product. That’s because you are paying for that product. Always go for a product that is made up of quality materials. It will last longer and give you services for so many years.
Weight is a vital factor to consider when working with a hand-operated tool. If you want a lightweight cordless saw, you need to opt for a pole saw. This will get the job done smoothly and ensure that you don’t have any problems.
Anyway, when looking for a powerful cordless drill, you should go for a gas-powered chainsaw. It may be a little heavy, but ideal for big projects.
Before buying a cordless saw, it is crucial to consider the working length. That’s because this length should be enough to go to the upper branches. So, you have to choose a cordless saw with the ability to adjust the pole length.
Since a cordless saw is not directly connected to the external source, you must ensure that what you buy has a good battery and covers your work level. Also, ensure the capacity of the motor to avoid heating issues and work as much as you want.
A saw for cutting trees should have a long battery life. Before recharging, it must cut firewood at least 450 times. It is the average number promised by the manufacturers. Consider your work before choosing a cordless saw with a specific battery capacity.
Voltage indicates the power status of an electric device. Higher voltage indicates more power. You may prefer a higher voltage pole saw if you work in a large yard. Choose a 20-40 volt saw if you don’t have many more trees.
Your life is always more valuable than work. Before choosing a cordless saw, always go for safety-related features like the kill switch, auto shut off, pole stability, etc.
How to Cut Tree Branches Using a Cordless Saw?
Cutting trees & branches is a breeze with cordless saws. Ensure you follow all safety precautions, such as wearing eye protection and standing on the stable ground. Consider the size of the limb you intend to cut.
First Step: Keep a Strong Grip
Cordless saws tend to bounce and tremble. Maintain constant control of the saw with a tight grip. Because of the back-shaking rotational movement, it is critical to maintaining a firm grip on the saw at all times!
Second Step: Cut a Notch
Go for a tiny cut in the bottom of the limb, approximately a quarter of the way through, two-three feet away from the trunk. This notch will protect the bark from separating when you make the next cut.
Third Step: Make a Relief Cut
Make a relief cut totally through the branch just outside the notch. This eliminates the branch’s weight, allowing you to make your last cut without the branch breaking and falling.
Final Step: Cut a Plunge Cut
It’s the one that counts! Your last cut should be where the limb collar (that swelling hump) meets the smooth branch bark. Take the angle of the limb collar as a guide. Cut it off if the bottom of your saw doesn’t fit into the groin at the appropriate angle and you’re done!
Cordless Saw Maintenance Guide
Proper usage and management lead to a longer lifespan. Aside from the increased service life, you will also benefit from increased personal safety. Here are a few maintenance suggestions that you should strictly adhere to be safe when using your cordless saw:
Use the proper power source
Each cordless saw has a power rating that specifies its ideal power needs. Ensure your cordless saw’s batteries can provide enough power. Then, ensure that you have set your tool in the correct socket with the proper voltage output.
Use the appropriate accessories for the desired function
The finest cordless saws can cut various materials, like plastic, lumber, tree branches, concrete, ceramics, or masonry. However, a good cut requires using the proper saw blades lubricating other accessories.
More durable and more rigid materials, such as concrete, ceramics, and brick, necessitate the use of a lubricant to prevent saw blade damage. It extends the life of the saw and keeps it running efficiently. Ensure to use a non-flammable chemical lubricant that will not ignite when applied friction.
Do not use a saw blade designed to cut one material to cut another. Cutting with an unsuitable saw blade and material causes considerable damage to your cordless saw.
Insert and detach saw blades following the Instructions
As there are many versions of cordless saws, industries have devised several methods for inserting and removing saw blades from the primary tool itself. To avoid damage, read the manuals for your device and learn how to insert and remove the blades properly. Otherwise, you risk pushing a saw blade in the wrong way, destroying the structural integrity of your equipment.
Allow sufficient time for your saw blades to cool it down since friction might cause them to become excessively hot. By doing so, you avoid harming yourself when inserting or removing saw blades.
Wipe your cordless saw regularly
Cordless saws are susceptible to dirt & dust buildup. It is critical to keep it clean to avoid getting dirt lodged in its engines, which might cause it to break down faster. Avoid strong chemicals when cleaning your saw since they may degrade gentler product parts like rubber and plastic.
To remove any material that has become lodged in the vent, use a vacuum cleaner or blower. Remember to use dependable eye protection to keep expelled debris from your eyes. Sawdust may be harmful to the human body, especially metal & ceramic dust clouds, leading to internal damage if breathed.
Essential safety tips for using the cordless saw
To securely cut a workpiece with your cordless saw, you must prepare yourself first. Here are the measures you should take before turning on your cordless saw.
Wear the Proper Safety Equipment: Correcting your safety gear is the first step to properly cut something with your cordless saw, just like any other power tool. First and foremost, you must wear appropriate closed-toe footwear. You should wear a pair of steel-toed work shoes that will safeguard your feet from injury.
Use the Proper Blade: There are different blades for a particular purpose of their own. As a result, avoid utilising lumber blades on metals and concrete blades on wood. Not only may this result in ineffective cutting, but it may also destroy the blade or hurt you. Before you begin cutting, check the sharpness of your blades.
Keep your feet firmly planted on the ground: When you are cutting, make sure both of your legs are firmly planted on the ground, whether you are standing or crouching. You will have the most influence over your body this way. Also, make sure you’re not cutting in an awkward or even burdensome posture and that you’re not overreaching.
Concentrate solely on the cut: When you cut, concentrate entirely on your cutting. Do not try to crack a joke on your teammate simultaneously. Do not attempt to sing along with the music playing on the job site radio.
Likewise, save your joke until later if you are the team member who isn’t cutting. In fact, do not try to distract the person who is cutting.
FAQs on Best Cordless Saw for Cutting Tree Branches
What kind of hand saw to cut tree branches?
Cutting tree branches makes it easier to cut down a tree. Cut one side of the limb using a hand saw, cutting through about one-third of the length. In general, people can use chainsaws, bow saws, pole saws, reciprocating saws, and jigsaws for cutting down tree branches. The saw you should use depends on the branch size. A small, light, and flexible saw usually does the trick.
Is a reciprocating saw good for cutting tree branches?
Reciprocating saws can cut tree branches but they are not suitable for large trees. They generally work well for pruning and trimming small branches and trees. Using a tree blade with your reciprocating saw may work well, but it’s better to use a tree saw. That’s because Tree saws have larger teeth and can go faster through the lumber. Also, reciprocating saws work well when the branches are solid enough.
How thick of a branch can a reciprocating saw cut?
Generally, a reciprocating saw can cut up to 12-inch thick but this is not specific. In practice, a reciprocating saw will allow you to cut trees 6 to 8 inches thick. Remember that the object you want to cut should have a diameter less than the blade length. 0.035″ thick blades provide plenty of power for typical cuts. 0.05″ thick blades provide extra stability. Blunt blades along with a tipped back are best for recessed cutting.
How do you cut long tree branches?
Firstly, go for a notch cut with a small notch at the bottom of the branch, about 2-3 feet from the tree trunk. After completing the notch cut that securely holds the tree’s bark, you can move on to the next incision, the relief cut. Finally, after the first two cuts to keep yourself safe, you can move on to the last cut, the actual cut, which removes the branch from the tree.
Can you use a hand saw to cut a tree?
Yes, you can use a handsaw to cut down trees. They are the traditional and laborious process of cutting down trees. It starts from 6 inches off the ground. You first need to cut a triangular wedge that runs 40% through the trunk in the direction you need to move the tree constantly. Then use your handsaw to make a horizontal cut on the other side, just a few inches above the first.
The best cordless saw for cutting tree branches should have some X-factors. For example, they can be lighter to work with, even on the peak of the tree. Also, they will not be connected to the power outlet.
Moreover, there are some other criteria you should consider. And we have considered all the requirements and made the list of our top 6 products. From my point of view, DEWALT (DCS367B) 20V Reciprocating Saw is the overall best saw on the list for its compact design and long battery life.
Also, BLACK DECKER (BDCR20B) Cordless Reciprocating Saw will satisfy you for the variations in cutting different materials. Also, their anti-vibrant features will surely convince you. For portability, WORX (WX550L) Cordless Reciprocating & Jigsaw can be a great option with 2 saws in 1.
You can’t put the other three aside. They also have some outstanding features. So, buy one for you today!