Hand saw is a traditional tree and wood cutting tool. For a long time, people have been using hand saws for cutting down trees. Even in the modern world, people use hand saws for cutting trees. So, having the best hand saw for cutting trees will make your task easier.
Always go for the sharp and easy-to-operate while buying a hand saw. Some people prefer electric saw for larger pieces of wood. For small and medium trees and branches, a handsaw is preferable. Carpentry saws are better for finishing wood.
For cutting down trees, you need to have the right equipment like hand saws and know the way of utilization. As an experienced handyman, I know how harsh it is to use saws when you are a beginner. After all, improper use of a hand saw can harm a living being.
Handyman’s Pick: 5 Best Hand Saw for Cutting Trees
To assist you in choosing the best one, we have selected some fabulous models that can help you with your different cutting and pruning needs. Also, we’ve included some buying guides to narrow down your options.
Just read below for the best hand saw for cutting wood. Here, we’ve highlighted valuable pros and cons regarding the ease of your work. If you discover something you need, click the widget button to get the best deal.
Top Pick Hand Saw
Corona RazorTOOTH: Best Hand Saw for Cutting Trees
- The RazorTooth triangular impulse blade is very sharp.
- It can terminate additional material in a single shot.
- The non-slip grip is D-shaped.
- It is ergonomically intended for usage with gloves or both hands.
- The blade is composed of solid carbon Japanese SK5 steel, which is incredibly robust.
- Product Material: High Carbon Steel
- Product Brand: Corona Clipper Company
- Finish Type: Chrome
- Dimension Type: 1 x 5 x 23.25 inches
- Customer Review at Amazon: 4.8 out of 5
Sometimes you need to cut down trees or woods. Rather than using a heavy electrical machine, you can use the corona Razor TOOTH pruning saw for its smooth cutting action. Additionally, this product has an intense power to cut down, which is the best hand saw for cutting trees.
With an 18″ blade, the Corona Tooth Saw’s teeth can cut branches around 9-10 inches in diameter. This high-quality item offers maximum cutting comfort, like a well-shaped pistol grip that effectively minimises slip.
- It is much more comfortable to use than further pruning saw available on the market and it is the best hand saw for cutting wood. It lasts years for its thermal blade. Additionally, you can sharpen your product by yourself. The hard labouring touch of smiths makes this the best hand saw for cutting down trees, and the chrome coating layer increases its efficiency and smoothness.
- It is easy to use but more time-consuming than the electrical machine. This one seems to be back-dated in the world of vast electrical items. However, the body of this item is thicker, so careless use can cause teeth to break.
Bahco: Best Hand Saw for Cutting Logs
- For any purpose, this lighter weight yet the sturdy machine is ideal.
- Adjustable with a built-in hand shield that safeguards knuckles.
- The particular gripping method has made modifying the blade and adjusting the pressure simple.
- They are designed for high-stress applications and harsher climates such as construction sites.
- A lightweight 24″ tube weighing 750 g is used for ease.
- Product Material: Metal
- Product Brand: Bahco
- Dimension Type: 28.86 x 9.45 x 1.14 inches
- Color: Grey
- Size: 24″
- Customer Review at Amazon: 4.7 out of 5
Bahco 10-24-23 Bow Saw is used to cut logs, live branches, or processed wood. Portable bow saws, frequently used in camping and tourism, can cut little to medium-sized logs for lighting or shelter.
Some stand large enough to be handled by two or more people. They are frequently used in sawmills to cut large trees into smaller sections.
In their workshops, carpenters utilised a variety of bow saws to create seats, tablelands, and other works of art. Definitely, this is the best hand saw for cutting trees.
- The blade is exceptionally sharp, piercing thick oak branches like butter and the best hand saw for cutting thin wood. It is also very light and easy to transport. This size is ideal for small, round, and thick stems. You can also change or replace the blades with the same saw to cut dry or fresh wood.
- It’s challenging to operate. The only issue with a hacksaw is how it is utilised. It entails moving the blade in one direction with some force, whereas moving the edge away from you requires no effort.
Black and Decker: Electric Hand Saw for Cutting Tree and Wood
- Controlled cutting in wood, plastic, and metal with a high efficiency.
- Design is consolidated and weightless for easy handling and procedure.
- Ideal for unbent cuts on enormous materials with outstanding outcomes.
- Tool blade replacement is quick and straightforward.
- Suitable storage point for saws, blades, cords, and other instruments in the dwelling and garden.
- Product Material: Metal Cutting Blade
- Product Brand: BLACK+DECKER
- Color: Multi
- Dimension Type: 17.1 x 8 x 5.5 inches
- Customer Review at Amazon: 4.3 out of 5
A carpenter’s tool shed would be undone without an electric hand saw. With the start of technology growing interest in purchasing woodworking drill has also increased. This hand saw is the best small electric saw for cutting wood.
You can perform the most brutal straight cuts with our BLACK DECKER Electric Hand Saw. Compact and lightweight structure makes it ideal for outdoor and indoor use, cutting tree limbs, shrubs, wood, non-ferrous metals, composite wood, plastic, and more.
- You’ll need this if you have trees, scrubs, or something else you’re trying to smuggle out in the garbage, but it won’t fit in your compartment. You can use it for cutting down the fast-growing draftee trees that overrun your park. It is simple to set up and utilise and the best hand saw for cutting wood.
- If you want to move it to another place, you won’t do it because of its flawed design.
CRAFTSMAN Hand Saw Cutting Tree logs
- For a rapid and comprehensive clean-cut, remarkable teeth geometry is used.
- Teeth with inauguration temperature for duplex approval.
- Ergonomic design material setting for comfort and control
- With 45° and 90° angles, the handle functions as a square and a uterus.
- Product Material: Hacksaw
- Product Brand: Craftsman
- Blade Length: 12 Inches
- Dimension Type: 15.7 x 5.8 x 1.2 inches
- Customer Review at Amazon: 4.6 out of 5
Craftsman hand saws are recognised to be more productive than other hand saws while requiring less physical effort and the best hand saw for cutting large trees. However, handsaws have several drawbacks and restrictions, including noise levels, cut quality, and portability.
Also, ensure that there is always time and space to cut wood with a handsaw. Crosscutting, pigeon cleaning, suspended pin, and dowel cutting may be done quickly cleanser, and secure with a good hand saw.
- It’s well-made, and the blade comes with an exceptional grade. Teeth on edge are lovely as well as sharp and long-lasting. Cutting down trees is a quick and straightforward process. This product is highly suggested if you have a small project and the best hand saw for cutting tree roots.
- As it’s too insubstantial, it likes to swing while sawing and ultimately punches and chokes up.
REXBETI: Folding Heavy Duty Hand Saw for Trees
- The solid and durable 11 “blade enables cutting through thick branches faster, and ideal for pruning branches ranging in diameter from 6 “to 7”.
- The aggressive offset teeth (7 TPI) produce a smooth and sharp cut.
- The most extended and comfortable polymer rubber handle ensures a firm grip at all temperatures.
- Folding saw with a long design.
- Product Material: Steel Blade
- Product Brand: REXBETI
- Item Weight: 14.8 inches
- Dimension Type: 13.15 x 4.25 x 1.26 inches
- Customer Review at Amazon: 4.6 out of 5
The REXBETI Folding best Saw has come out with an 11-inch blade perfect for camping and tree pruning. Blade folds into a handle for convenient storage and transport, making it the best hand saw for cutting trees.
The length when fully unfolded reaches 22 inches (when folded almost 12 inches). Such a large size ascertains that this device can easily cut wood and plastic. Also, this blade prunes in both ways (pushing or pulling).
- This small saw is essentially a chainsaw that human’s power. The blade’s wobbled teeth allow it to cut on stimulation and tauten strokes which makes it the best hand saw for cutting tree trunks.
- This saw is very thin as a foil piece mishandling in the breeze. If you bite off a wood piece, this sucker may chew it like the beaver in Florida cocaine.
What are the Types of Different Hand Saws?
Hand saws may be used for a variety of tasks. In the workshop, they may do both gardening and construction work. The length of the blade and the form of the teeth vary, determining the precision of the cut. These are the most commonly used types of handsaws.
The Universal Saw
They are suitable for general cutting operations. The critical difference is the spacing between the teeth—the more space between the edges, the more accessible the cutting listing. You may use them for tree trimming as well as construction work.
The Hack saw
Because of their narrow, serrated blade, hacksaws are usually employed for cutting metals. On the other hand, Hacksaws are ideal for trimming tiny branches and leaving a smoother cut. A hacksaw is a multipurpose instrument that you may use for various sawing tasks.
The bow saw
The bow saws are intended for cutting firewood, tree branches, and other garden-related tasks.
The blade is held in position by a compact arch-like metal frame. A bow saw often has cam lever components that allow you to replace the blade without the need for a tool.
A bow saw is intended for chopping firewood, tree limbs, and other garden-related tasks. It includes a lightweight steel frame resembling a bow and keeping the blade in place. The bow saw often incorporates cam lever fasteners that allow the blade to be replaced without the need for tools.
Power Pruning Hand saw
The most widely used garden implement is a pruning saw. Some of these saws are foldable and may be worn on a belt. They trim medium to big branches and small trees and plants. Some plants require regular mowing, and this instrument is ideal for the job.
Electric Powered Handsaw
There are benefits and drawbacks to using a portable electric saw. They’re loud, quick, and simple to use in the garden or across the house. However, they should not be utilized away from the mains or occasionally camping. They are ideal for a small yard close to your home.
Pull or Wrest handsaw
The pull saw includes mainly constructed teeth and a blade that cuts with little power. A unique pulling method that does not need much energy may be used to cut the wood. It is not a simple instrument, but it can be helpful when rapid and accurate cutting is required.
Root Cutter Hand Saw
Tree roots can sometimes grow into the earth and break underground water lines or ruin the paved road near your property. This saw will assist you in cutting the roots without injuring the tree. They’re made to get at the core swiftly and correctly.
How to Cut Down Trees with a Hand Saw
You can easily cut down a tree by following these five simple procedures.
Take a step back from the tree you wish to chop and take a hard look at it. Take note of any heavy or risky branches or limbs that may take down the tree difficult or dangerous. Determine which way the tree appears to be leaning or which side has more branches.
This will indicate the “toughest” side of the tree and the sequence in which the tree will desire to fall; for cutting reasons, consider this side to be the “front” of the tree.
Trim any branches & limbs that will make it easier to cut the tree down, or that might be harmful during your operation. Cut one side of the unit with your handsaw, approximately a third of the distance through.
Switch to the opposite side and keep chopping until the branch comes off. To reach limbs above your head, use a pole saw; the method is the same. The saw is attached to the end of a long pole or handle.
Make a horizontal incision low on the “front” of the trunk, going through roughly 40% of the thickness of the tree. To cut, move the saw back and forth while providing hard and consistent pressure.
Make a second cut above the first, this time coming down at an angular position, so the two different cuts meet like a portion of pie cut away from the rest. If you chop through more than 40% of the tree, it may fall unexpectedly.
Return to the rear of the tree and find a point about 2 or 3 inches beyond the tip of the pie slice. At this point, make a “back cut” perpendicular to the pie cut and the ground. Before cutting, make sure you’re above the initial amount. Otherwise, you won’t be able to manage the fall route.
Keep cutting into the trunk of the tree until the tree falls. This will not need cutting through the entire box or even halfway through; as the connection between the back cut and the pie cut narrows, the remainder wedge will weaken and give way. Step away from the tree calmly and wait for it to fall; it should fall away from you if you cut it correctly.
How to Sharpen a Hand Saw
Hand saws today are seldom sharpened. To maintain the cutting work ideal, the edges of your hand saws must constantly be sharpened or changed regularly. Let’s take a look at how to sharpen a handsaw.
- Purchase a teeth-resetting saw gear and a tapered file (measure the number of teeth per 1″ – this will help you choose the right saw set).
- Sandpaper the rust off the saw’s blade and securely clamp the saw in a vice.
- Set the correct kerf width with the saw set’s pliers-looking tool. Place the set against the specific tooth to be corrected, and the gadget will bend it.
- Using the taper file, file the individual teeth. You have the option of using single-cut or double-cut files.
How to Attach Saw Blade to a Tree Pruner
Depending on the sort of tree pruner you employ, you may occasionally need to replace the blades. It might be used to replace an outdated blade or to vary between different blades for greater versatility. In any case, mounting a saw blade toward a tree pruner isn’t tricky, and here’s how to do it quickly.
- Remove the old blade. Remove every bolt that links the blade to the trimmer section to accomplish this. You should apply lubricant to the bolts to make the procedure simpler.
- Clean the bolts and recycle the old blade.
- Insert the replacement blade into the saw blade slot.
- Screw the bolts in tightly.
Buying Guides to pick the Best Hand Saw for Cutting Trees
Choosing the most delicate hand saw for your garden jobs is entirely dependent on what you need to trim. Furthermore, if you have enormous trees and shrubs to prune along with smaller branches, you will most likely want more than one tool to complete all of your responsibilities.
Manual vs Electric
One of the essential elements to consider when selecting the most delicate hand saw for cutting down trees is whether you want an electrical or manual version. All these hand saws will have advantages and disadvantages that will influence how efficient they are at chopping down trees in your garden.
Manual hand saws will be significantly less expensive than their electrical counterparts.
Those who do not feel at ease utilizing heavier electric tools, such as chainsaws, would prefer these sorts of saws.
On the other hand, using manual hand saws will necessitate more tremendous physical effort than using an electric hand saw. In addition, they can only manage smaller trees and branches on your property.
Electric hand saws are very efficient tools that will eliminate a lot of backbreaking labor. These machines, however, are far more costly than their manual equivalents.
They may also be intimidating to folks afraid of power instruments like chainsaws. You should also remember that these hand saws are only suitable for smaller tree branches.
Diameter of the Branch
The thickness of the stems and branches you need to cut is maybe the most crucial factor to consider when selecting the most delicate hand saw for trees. This is because, depending on the size & sturdiness of the blade, a hand saw is only suited for usage with minor to moderate branches and trunks.
Looking at the product specs is the best approach to determine which size branches are acceptable for use with your favorite hand saw. The manufacturer will specify the maximum diameter of the blade in inches.
If you try to go over this limit, the blade is more likely to shatter. So, to efficiently cut through that annoying foliage, you’ll need to select a suitable-sized blade. The usual rule of thumb is that the longer the blade, the larger the diameter of the branch it can handle.
Sharpness of Teeth
You don’t want to pick a hand saw with dull teeth that can’t go into the wood as you cut. As a result, it is preferable if you opt for a hand saw with sharp teeth.
These will efficiently sever any branches they come across. Some saws will have several tooth styles, which will result in varying effectiveness levels.
It will be critical to select a hand saw with a long-lasting blade. The higher the quality of the blade, the longer the saw will endure. Most cheap hand saws will employ less robust materials to keep costs down. This will result in a flimsy saw that isn’t adequate for the job.
Examine the material utilized to make your preferred hand saw. Carbon steel is the most excellent material to operate since it is built for heavy-duty use and is durable. You may also want to consider the materials utilized to make the handle.
Ergonomic and Comfortability
When cutting down trees with a hand saw, you should use the most comfortable hand saw you can find. As a result, you’ll be astonished at how much of an impact an ergonomic model can make.
This will have more comfortable grip materials so you can have a stronghold without worrying about the saw slipping out of your hands. The easier it is to hold your hand saw for more extended periods, the more pleasant it is to use.
FAQs on Best Hand Saw for Cutting Trees
What type of hand saw is best for cutting wood?
The most well-known form of hand saw is the pruning hand saw. Depending on the incision, the length and type of teeth may vary. Fine teeth ensure a smooth and clean cut with little or no offset. For roughing vast chunks of wood, high offset teeth are excellent. For your store, it’s a good idea to get two all-purpose saws: one with fine teeth for exact cuts and the other with oversized teeth for rapid cuts.
What is the best tool for cutting small pieces of wood?
Circular saws are excellent for cutting timber and will save you cash. They are pretty popular in general because of their portability. Since these saws are so affordable, many workers enjoy using them. This acquisition you should make if you want a saw that can cut lumber, plastic, brick, and metal. Anyone working in the construction industry will benefit from having these saws. They’ll come in handy for people who need to chop small pieces of wood at home.
What is the sharpest hand saw?
The teeth of a handsaw determine the speed and purity of the cut in the wood. 1-7 teeth per inch are found on thick-toothed blades. These blades may quickly and unevenly cut huge chunks of material. Large teeth ripped some of the wood fibres apart, leaving a rough surface. So, the electric hand saw could be the sharpest hand saw available on the market as per teeth are concerned.
How do I choose a hand saw?
In general, the fewer teeth on a handsaw, the faster and rougher the cut. As a result, ripping along the grain using a thick saw with fewer but larger teeth is recommended. More diminutive teeth result in a smoother and cleaner finish. About eight TPI is appropriate for rapid and dense work, while 12 TPI + is suitable for a fine job. Aim for around ten teeth per inch for a decent general-purpose or versatile hand saw unless you need to be very detailed.
What is Craftsman Hand Saw?
This trusted wood saw has a 15″ wooden handle and a nice hardwood handle for a comfortable grip and hassle-free use. Cutting is made more accessible with the front of the blade’s easy-to-wind teeth, while the precision technology keeps you from moving on the remainder of the edge. The 1mm blade reduces jams and cuts smoothly with each pass, preventing bending during usage. Patented teeth provide more efficient cutting and material removal than traditional hand-held saws for trouble-free cutting.
At last, we can say that every gardener should have the best hand saw for cutting trees. It is indispensable for clearing paths when hiking in the middle of nature.
You can easily transport and carry it when needed. If you want a heavy-duty saw with maximum functionality, you can go with the corona Razor TOOTH pruning saw. Also, Black and Decker and Craftsman are trusted brands that you can rely on.