Hole saws are one of the most essential tools you need in order to make large holes that you cannot make with a drill machine. Therefore, with the increase in demand for hole saws, the number of options available has also increased with time. As a result, choosing the best hole saw for stainless steel has become a time-consuming chore.
This selection process not only requires thorough research of each available product but also requires a good understanding of the features and specifications so that one can make a well-informed decision. But there’s no need to worry as we are here to guide you through the process to help you and make it easier for you.
DIYers Pick: 5 Best Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
|DEWALT Hole Saw Kit||Color: Yellow
3 x 9.8 x 7.3 inches
Weight: 4.69 Pounds
|Milwaukee Professional Hole Saw||Color: White
9.5 x 16.5 x 4.75 inches
Weight: 13.55 Pounds
|Sungator Hole Saw Kit||Color: Red
Metal, Plastic, Wood
10.59 x 8.5 x 3.11 inches
Weight: 3.79 Pounds
|EZARC Carbide Hole Cutter Set||Color: Silver
Metal, Plastic, Stainless Steel
3.94 x 2.13 x 11.02 inches
Weight: 1.23 Pounds
|Greenlee Hole Saw||Color: Ash
Material: Stainless Steel
9.1 x 7.7 x 2.2 inches
Weight: 1.39 Pounds
Our aim is to talk about the top 7 stainless steel and metal hole saws that we have selected as the best products for you and from which you can choose. We will vividly discuss their features, specifications as well as their advantages and disadvantages so that you can gather all the necessary pieces of information regarding each of the products and make a sound decision. Therefore, we recommend you go through this article as we assure you it will help you a great deal.
Top Hole Saw
DEWALT: Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- DEWALT D180005 Hole Saw has great durability due to the strength of its carbide teeth.
- The door lock feature ensures prevention from surface damage and promotes tool-free clamping with its C-clamp design.
- The utilisation of taller bushing and alignment windows ensures precision in drilling straight and placement of height.
- The dook lock feature comes with easy bushing adjustments for door thicknesses and standard back sets.
- The ejection spring ensures effortless removal of the plug.
- Brand: Dewalt
- Material: Metal
- Dimensions: 3 x 9.8 x 7.3 inches
- Weight: 4.69 Pounds
- Customer Review on Amazon: 4.6 out of 5
Among the best hole saws for stainless steel, the DEWALT D180005 Hole Saw has become one of the top considerations. It is an excellent choice for anyone who’s searching for a heavy-duty tool with great strength and fast drilling capabilities. The machine has carbide teeth to ensure durability and power while having a lightweight of 4.69 pounds for convenient applications. The exclusive features of this hole saw include a door lock kit, ejection spring, faster drilling, C-clamp design, and ejection spring.
- DEWALT Hole Saw has great durability due to its long-life material build. The carbide teeth offer great strength during operation. It is easy to install. You can also effortlessly remove the plug. The machine has great compatibility and comes with all the additional accessories for convenience. It offers you faster-drilling speed as well for smoother execution. Lastly, the machine comes with a durable case so storage and organization of the parts are easier.
- If you go for DEWALT Hole Saw you won’t have many sizes to choose from during operation. So it doesn’t have much versatility. There are also some issues regarding the quality control of the machine. Lastly, it is not accessible to all levels of users due to the costly price.
Milwaukee: Professional Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- Milwaukee Hole Saw offers 50% more durability due to its bi-metal sharp teeth.
- It offers a wide range of applications with its 28-piece set and hence ensures versatility.
- The easy-to-use nature of the hole saw ensures effortless operation.
- The machine offers a decrease in tooth stress with its radiused tooth back feature.
- The super sharp teeth preserve the speed and cutting power of the blade.
- It comes with a portable case of hard plastic for easy storage and protection of the pieces.
- Brand: Milwaukee
- Compatible Material: Metal, Wood
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 16.5 x 4.75 inches
- Weight: 13.55 Pounds
- Customer Review on Amazon: 4.8 out of 5
Milwaukee 49-22-4185 Professional Ice Hardened Hole Saw is one of the best stainless steel hole saws available in the market. This hole saw is a combination of power and strength. It comes with a 28-piece set that offers the users versatility by ensuring a wide range of applications. Besides that, this hole saw offers maximum durability by prolonging the service life by 50% with its bi-metal sharp teeth. Other than that, it also has some other exceptional qualities like effortless application, speed and cutting power preservation, effortless storage, etc.
- Milwaukee Hole Saw has a strong build and provides great durability. It also has great versatility due to offering its users a wide range of applications with the different sizes it comes in. You will find this hole saw to be quite user-friendly as well. You can easily achieve smooth and fast cuts with this saw.
- There are mainly two problems with the Milwaukee Hole Saw. The first one is its heavyweight because its operation with this machine causes inconvenience and fatigue for its users. And the second one is its high cost because this issue makes the machine not easily accessible to hobbyists.
SUNGATOR Bi-Metal Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- The building material of high-quality bi-metal offers the SUNGATOR Hole Saw a prolonged service life with a 50% increase.
- The material maximises the heat and corrosion resistance of the machine.
- The hole cutting capability of the hole saw is remarkable and ensures smooth, clean cuts.
- Various cutting depths of 43-50 mm offer versatility and accuracy during operation.
- Improvement of compatibility is possible due to the different types of mandrels the hole saw has to offer.
- The plastic case the saw comes with ensures effortless portability and storage.
- Brand: Sungator
- Compatible Material: Metal, Plastic, Wood
- Dimensions: 10.59 x 8.5 x 3.11 inches
- Weight: 3.79 Pounds
- Customer Review on Amazon: 4.5 out of 5
You will always come across the SUNGATOR Bi-Metal Hole Saw if you are searching for the best hole saw for metal. Because this hole saw is not only lightweight and compact but also has a bi-metal build that ensures great power and efficiency. It offers compatibility, versatility, durability as well as some essential user-friendly features.
- SUNGATOR Hole Saw comes at a reasonable cost and also with a case for effortless storage and organisation. There’s an availability of different sizes that offers the users a wide range of applications and versatility. The cutting depth of the machine is quite deep and therefore provides you with proper and accurate cuts. You will find the lightweight quite attractive due to the fatigue-free operation it offers. You won’t face difficulty using this hole saw because it also comes with a well-informed instruction manual for convenience.
- If you need a hole saw for commercial use then the Hole Saw may not be the suitable choice for you. The quality of the saw is questionable as per many of the received complaints of the users. The blade becomes dull only after a few uses. The case it comes with doesn’t offer much protection to the tool because of the cheap quality.
EZARC Carbide Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- EZARC Hole Saw is a bi-metal saw that can provide 10x longer durability for drilling hardened metal.
- The exceptional tungsten carbide mechanism ensures a greater lifespan and no breakage of teeth.
- Speedy and precise cuts through sheet metal, stainless steel, FRP, mild steel, cast iron, and aluminium are possible.
- The machine offers accurate and smooth cutting quality for every cut.
- Brand: EZARC
- Material: Carbide
- Compatible Material: Metal, Plastic, Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 3.94 x 2.13 x 11.02 inches
- Weight: 1.23 Pounds
- Customer Review on Amazon: 4.6 out of 5
EZARC Carbide Hole Saw is one of the best and high-rated carbide hole saws for stainless steel. The lightweight design and the quality build of the machine have received great admiration over the years. The build not only offers the users improved durability and stability but also lets the users operate the saw on the toughest metal with great convenience. It also ensures precise and accurate cuts with its efficient and smart teeth design. So, if you are looking for something with great constructive and materialistic strength, make sure to look into the EZARC Carbide Hole Saw.
- EZARC Carbide Hole Saw comes in different sizes for versatility. The carbide technology will provide you with prolonged service life and great strength. It offers high-quality cutting and accuracy during operation. You can use this hole saw to cut through the toughest materials without facing difficulty. The lightweight is also a great advantage of this saw. Lastly, it comes with all the necessary accessories and that too at a reasonable price.
- There have been several complaints regarding the teeth coming loose of the EZARC Carbide Hole Saw. other than that, because of the depth stopper, you should not use this hole in order to drill panels that have cavities. Also, this hole saw doesn’t come with a proper set of required pieces so it requires additional expenses. Moreover, the absence of a carrying case makes this hole saw harder to store and protect.
Greenlee 660: Best Carbide Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- Greenlee hole saw is a stainless steel hole saw with a light weight of 1.39 pounds for convenient operation.
- The flange stop of the machine ensures safe operation by preventing over-drilling during long-time operation.
- The slug removal is more effortless due to the ejection spring of the hole saw.
- The carbide teeth of Greenlee Hole Saw ensure improved durability and efficiency.
- The machine has a minimum of 9.5 mm of chuck size.
- Prevention of walking is possible with the help of the cobalt-steel, replaceable pilot drill.
- Brand: Greenlee
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.7 x 2.2 inches
- Weight: 1.39 Pounds
- Customer Review on Amazon: 4.8 out of 5
Greenlee 660 Carbide Hole Saw is one of the best stainless steel saw kits available in the market because of its satisfactory drilling and finest features. It comes with 7 pieces that offer not only quick and clean cuts but also accuracy. The most amazing features of this hole saw include a flange stop, an ejection spring, strong carbide teeth, and a replaceable pilot drill.
- Greenlee 660 Carbide Hole Saw is a quality saw with great durability with its wear-resistant feature. The blade doesn’t face much stress during long-time cutting operations. You will find the process of removing the slug quite effortless. The drilling efficiency of the machine provides high accuracy. The lightweight and compact structure gives you smooth and convenient operation. Moreover, this hole saw is suitable for all levels of users due to its easy application.
- The main problem with the Hole Saw is the cutting pieces have poor locking that causes difficulty during operation. It comes in only 5 sizes so it’s not very compatible compared to the other available options. The ejection spring this machine comes with tends to come off frequently. Lastly, it is not that accessible to users who are on a budget.
LENOX: Stainless Steel Hole Saw Kit
- LENOX Hole Saw is made of bi-metal for 2x more durability and efficiency.
- It offers a wide range of hole saw sizes to promote versatility and compatibility.
- Effortless removal of the plug is possible due to the speed slot feature.
- The longer and sharper teeth of the machine promote feast penetration of the toughest materials.
- The unique tooth design ensures effortless operation by offering high performance.
- The improved wall thickness ensures the minimisation of tooth loss and a longer lifespan.
- Brand: LENOX
- Compatible Material: Metal, Wood
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 4 x 10 inches
- Weight: 11.59 Pounds
- Customer Review on Amazon: 4.8 out of 5
LENOX Hole Saw is among the top hole saws for stainless steel. This hole saw is a perfect option for heavy-duty operations. It comes with a set of 26 pieces of different sizes that allows a wide range of applications. Among the other Lenox tools, this one has 50% more durability due to its strong build of bi-metal material. This LENOX Hole Saw has some amazing features including compatibility, stability, speed slot, longer and sharper teeth, etc.
- LENOX Hole Saw is a highly durable hole saw. It can effortlessly cut through tough materials and therefore is suitable for heavy-duty applications. The machine also has great versatility. It has a more lasting collection than most other available options. The durable latches are also beneficial as it prolongs the service life of the hole saw even further. The plug removal of this hole is also quite effortless.
- There are mainly two problems regarding the LENOX Hole Saw. The first problem is its heavyweight because as a result, you as a user cannot have a comfortable life. Fatigue-free operation. The second problem is the fact that it does not come cheap. In fact, it is one of the expensive ones out there.
Milwaukee: Best Electric Hole Saw for Metal
- Milwaukee Electric Hole Saw has a long service life due to its construction.
- The 8-TPI thin wall offers professional-level operation due to its impact drives.
- The exceptional construction ensures speedy burr-free cuts.
- The ejection spring offers effortless removal of slugs.
- Prevention of over-drilling is possible due to the top should mechanism of the hole saw.
- Brand: Milwaukee
- Dimensions: 6.9 x 7.5 x 2.7 inches
- Weight: 0.45 Pounds
- Customer Review on Amazon: 4.4 out of 5
If you are in search of a hole saw for stainless steel material, you should look into the Milwaukee Electric Saw. This lightweight hole saw comes with a unique structure and excellent build. Among its several unique features- the decrease in over-drilling occurrences, the effortless slug removal, the speedy burr-free cuts are the most attractive qualities.
- Milwaukee Electric Hole Saw is one of the most lightweight tools available. Therefore, you won’t face any discomfort or fatigue while using this hole saw. It is also quite budget-friendly and thereby you can effortlessly access it as well. The hole saw comes with all the necessary accessories and therefore doesn’t require any additional expenses.
- The quality of the Milwaukee Electric Tool 49-22-4800 Hole Saw is not up to the mark as a result, it doesn’t offer much durability and the blade also becomes dull easily.
Factors to pick the Best Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
The factors to consider in order to make sure that your hole saw for stainless steel has all the necessary attributes are given below for your consideration.
The material of a hole saw contributes greatly to the power and efficiency it will offer to its users. There are mostly two materials that hole saws are made of- diamond and carbide. You’ll have to choose your hole saw depending on which material will be able to provide you with the level of power your project needs. It is one of the most essential factors and therefore you should choose wisely.
There are corded and cordless hole saws available in the market. These two types offer two different areas of qualities. For example, the corded hole saw offers high and constant power due to being connected to the power source during the entire operation.
However, it doesn’t provide the users with the comfort of using a lightweight, compact, and easily portable machine. Whereas, the cordless hole saw offers all these but it doesn’t provide constant power as the power wears off with the wearing off of the battery.
Whenever you are thinking of buying a tool, ensuring durability is one of the first few essentials. The durability of the product depends on the product material and build. Most durable products are not that budget-friendly which makes the users go for cheap tools. But as you want to buy these products once in a lifetime, it is very important to ensure durability beforehand depending on the previous reviews, product description, brand image, etc.
The cost of a product plays an important role. There are hole saws in different prices. Therefore, when you buy a hole saw, you need to do thorough research on the options and analyse the cost before settling upon one product in order to prevent yourself from getting ripped off. Do your research and know the features you want your hole saw to have and according to that compare the products and their prices. And then finally decide.
How do you choose the diameter and cutting depth of a hole saw?
Before buying your hole saw, you need to measure it in order to make sure that the one you are choosing will satisfy your preferences and will be able to handle your applications. To do so, you need to measure the diameter and the cutting depth of the material.
Diameter: Hole saws come in diameters of 0.5 to 8 inches. But not everyone needs one with a greater diameter. Therefore, the diameter of 9/16 to 3 inches is most appropriate for general users. If you plan on making desk surface holes, you need a saw of 2 inches, but if you need drainage pipes and light fitting then 4-5 inches of hole saw diameter is the right choice for you. However, for professional work you need a larger diameter.
Cutting Depth: The saw blade length and cutting depth of a hole saw are proportional to each other. Hole saws come with cutting depths of 5 to 350 mm. But you can use an arbor extension in order to get more depth while cutting.
FAQs on Best Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
Will a hole saw cut through stainless steel?
A hole saw, without any doubt, can cut through stainless steel material. However, the level of effort required to do so is not as low as other woodworking projects. As stainless steel is one of the hardest materials out there, cutting through this requires time and patience. The best way of cutting through this material with a hole saw is using smaller drill bits to make several passes before using the hole saw to make the entire process a bit easier.
How do you cut a round hole in stainless steel?
You can easily make a round hole on stainless steel with a hole cutter. At first, you’ll need to mark the center of the hole. Now after securing your sheet with the help of clamps, you’ll need to create dimples with the center punch. You must use cutting gel or lubricant as heat easily hardens steel. Now, start drilling with a low RPM. you’ll need to pause every now and then and lubricate the drill bits as well. And finally, by this process, you’ll get the perfect round hole.
How do you cut a hole in metal without a drill?
Cutting metal requires great power and efficiency. You can cut holes into the metal with a drilling machine easily. However, if you don’t have a drilling machine for the purpose, the next best tool for this task is a hole saw. In fact, most people prefer hole saws more than drilling machines because these saws can make larger holes than the drills. They can make the cuts while protecting the core materials and thereby you get a more satisfactory result. So, always go for a hole saw if you don’t want to cut your metal with a drill.
What are carbide hole saws used for?
Carbide hole saws are used to cut through wood and metal. Other than these two materials, they can also effortlessly cut through materials like aluminium, stainless steel, cast iron, plastic, etc. The reason behind choosing a carbide hole saw is the strength it offers during its cuts. The high efficiency and performance of a carbide hole saw are exceptional and quite difficult to achieve by hole saws of other materials. It also ensures remarkable precision and accuracy with each cut that it provides.
In this article, we have talked about the best hole saws for stainless steel. We have provided you with all the necessary pieces of information regarding each product including not only their features and specifications but also their advantages and disadvantages.
For further benefit, we have also added a buying guide so that you can familiarise yourself with the factors you should be looking out for when buying a stainless steel hole saw kit. We hope you found this article helpful and wish you the best of luck in selecting the right one for your use that fulfils all of your preferences and requirements.
- DIYers Pick: 5 Best Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- DEWALT: Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- Milwaukee: Professional Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- SUNGATOR Bi-Metal Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- EZARC Carbide Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- Greenlee 660: Best Carbide Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- LENOX: Stainless Steel Hole Saw Kit
- Milwaukee: Best Electric Hole Saw for Metal
- Factors to pick the Best Hole Saw for Stainless Steel
- FAQs on Best Hole Saw for Stainless Steel