A staple gun is a must-have tool when dealing with materials that aren’t hard enough to tolerate the force of a nail gun. As nail guns tend to exert great force on the materials, they can unintentionally rip through delicate materials like upholstery.
As a result, any work related to upholstery can be a bit challenging if you don’t have the right tool for it. Therefore, it is important to familiarise yourself with the best manual staple gun for upholstery available out there. Because this way you can protect your material from falling apart as well as ensure satisfactory results.
Handyman’s pick: Top 5 Best Manual Staple Gun for Upholstery
As there are several options available regarding the best manual staple guns for upholstery, choosing the right tool that will satisfy all your needs requires thorough research which may seem a bit time-consuming. Therefore, to make the process easier for you, in this article, we are going to focus our discussion on the top 5 staple guns for upholstery that you must consider.
As these staple guns have made their way into the bests because of their features, hopefully, you’ll find the one that possesses most of the attributes you are looking for in your tool.
Top Pick Staple Gun
DEWALT: Manual Staple Gun for Upholstery
- DEWALT Staple Gun is a manual tool made of carbon fiber.
- It is a lightweight staple gun of 0.2 pounds.
- It is a 2-in-1 heavy-duty staple gun.
- This staple gun comes with brads of 18 gauges.
- It offers maximum convenience with its low fastener gauge.
- Easy and quick loading is possible due to its design of bottom load.
- This staple gun offers users to operate with both left and right hands due to its changeable belt hook.
DEWALT Staple Gun is one of the best 2-in-1 manual staple guns for upholstery that you can use with both convenience and ease. It is made of carbon fibre material. As a result, the weight of this staple gun is lower than most staple guns available out there. This not only helps you operate the gun with comfort but also ensures fatigue-free operation.
To provide further convenience during operation, this staple gun also features a low fastener gauge. Another great feature the DEWALT Staple Gun has is its bottom load construction. Because this ensures easy and quick loading. Lastly, this staple gun is quite famous because of its changeable belt hook. Because due to this feature you can easily operate it with both left and right hand depending upon your preference.
DEWALT Staple Gun is a lightweight gun that you can use for both heavy-duty and light-duty operations. Due to its lightweight, you won’t have to deal with any kind of fatigue due to long-time operation.
- It has a low fastener gauge that enables you to both comfort and convenience. The design of this staple gun makes loading staples easier and more prompt. Doesn’t matter if you are left-handed or right, you won’t face any difficulty operating this staple gun. Lastly, if you are on a budget and looking for a staple gun with great features then you should definitely consider the DEWALT Staple Gun.
- The only problem with the DEWALT Staple Gun is its durability. There have been many complaints regarding its service life. It is said to break down after a few uses.
WORKPRO: Staple Gun for Upholstery
- WORKPRO Staple Gun is a strong tool made of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene and alloy steel.
- It can operate with 6 different types of staples which makes it highly versatile.
- The staple gun also has a dual-power lever that allows you to operate on both soft and hard materials by changing the power from high to low and vice versa.
- It comes with 4000pieces of staples of 4 different types.
- No adjustment is required with the change of staple or nail type.
- It has an anti-jamming mechanism that ensures smooth operation.
- This staple gun also features a quick-release due to its bottom quick-loading mechanism.
- The ergonomic design and rubberized grip guarantee both convenience and comfort for the users.
- It requires less space in storage due to featuring a retractable hand-lock.
WORKPRO Staple Gun is one of the best staple guns for upholstery. It is a highly versatile staple gun that you can use for both soft and hard materials using 6 different types of staples. This staple gun is made of strong materials that maximize its service life. It features a dual-power lever that adds to its versatility by allowing you to operate at both high and low power.
The WORKPRO Staple Gun also features bottom-quick loading and an anti-jamming mechanism for smooth operation. The retractable handle-lock ensures easy storage due to requiring less space. And lastly, the ergonomic design enables comfort, convenience, and great support during operation. WORKPRO Staple Gun is highly durable and reliable. You can use it with 6 types of staples so the versatility is remarkable.
- This staple gun is suitable for both soft and hard materials. You can easily change the staples and nails without adjusting or making changes. Jamming isn’t an issue for this staple gun. You will find the design and grip greatly comfortable. It doesn’t require much space.
- Even though you can easily and efficiently use the WORKPRO Staple Gun for several tasks, using it for leather shoes isn’t a good option. Another disadvantage of this staple gun is that it doesn’t come with a bag.
Heavy Duty Staple Gun
WETOLS: Best Heavy Duty Staple Gun with Remover
- The WETOLS Staple Gun is made of metal and carbon steel that prolongs its life expectancy.
- This heavy-duty staple gun has a 3-in-1 application that ensures versatility.
- It comes with 3000 pieces of staples for long-time operations.
- It is easier to ensure the proper operation of the nail gun.
- The staple gun has a spring-back impact due to its carbon steel build.
- Both installation and operation are convenient due to requiring fewer steps than others.
- It is suitable for all sorts of users no matter how familiar or unfamiliar they are with the tool.
- This staple gun comes with all the necessary accessories starting from a manual to different staples.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly, easy-to-use manual staple gun for upholstery then the WETOLS Staple Gun is the one you should consider. It is a heavy-duty 3-in-1 staple gun made of metal and carbon steel. As a result, it not only guarantees a strong build and durability but also ensures versatility.
WETOLS Staple Gun with Remover is highly versatile. You can operate it with 3 different types of staples. This staple gun comes with 3000 pieces and can deal with 3 different types of staples (T-type, U-type, & D-type). It is not only easy to install but operating it is also quite effortless due to the fewer steps it requires. Doesn’t matter if you are a pro or new to this kind of tool, the WETOLS Staple Gun guarantees convenient operation.
- You’ll be able to ensure proper operation without having to face any difficulty. The staple gun is highly reliable due to its strong build. You won’t face issues while installing and operating the gun. It comes with all the necessary accessories. This staple gun is suitable for all ages. Moreover, it is also very budget-friendly.
- The main problem with the WETOLS Staple Gun with Remover is that the surface hardness defines the puncture it will cause. You may find it to be less reliable than most other staple guns. You may also face difficulty in operating it with accuracy.
Arrow T50: Best Light Duty Staple Gun for Upholstery
- Arrow T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun is made of alloy steel material.
- The chrome-steel build of this gun ensures great durability and stability.
- The furnace of 1500 degrees also maximizes its life expectancy and reliability.
- It works great with Arrow T50 staples.
- The staple gun can operate with 5 different types of staples so it has great versatility.
- It has a jam-resistant mechanism that promotes smooth and convenient operation.
- The staple gun also features a rear-load magazine for smoother operation.
- It makes it easy to know when to reload with its staple viewing window.
- The gun features a high-leverage handle to promote consistent and comfortable strikes.
The Arrow T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun is one of the best staple guns for upholstery because of its unique features. It has a chrome steel build that promotes high durability and reliability. Its 1500-degree furnace also plays a vital role in its high lie expectancy. The staple gun works great with Arrow T50 staples and can deal with 5 different staple kinds to ensure versatility.
Arrow T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun is great for heavy-duty applications. It is lightweight so you won’t face any fatigue. The Arrow T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun features an anti-jamming mechanism as well as a rear-load magazine that offers a smooth operation. For further convenience, the gun feature high-leverage handle as well. It also takes out the issue of knowing when to reload the staple from the equation with its staple viewing window.
- The gun has great durability and stability. It provides you smooth and comfortable operation. The Arrow T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun is also highly versatile. No matter what the problem is, you can use this staple gun to fix it. It comes at a great price considering its features.
- When using the Arrow T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun, you may face jamming issues. Also, this staple gun doesn’t come with a safety release which may be a big concern if you are searching for a security tool.
BOSTITCH: Best Staple Gun for Upholstery
- The metal construction of the BOSTITCH Crown Stapler guarantees great quality and service life.
- The oil-free operation ensures the elimination of oil tint.
- It doesn’t require any additional maintenance.
- The stapler easily adapts to the contact application from sequential with its selectable trigger operation.
- It is possible to prevent dry firing with the help of low-nail lockout.
- The air is directed away from the consumer with its ultra-quiet exhaust.
- The changeable belt hook comes with a pencil sharpener.
- The stapler features precise countersinking due to its dial-A-depth control.
- It comes with a carrying case, an air fitting of ¼ inch, and a finish stapler.
The BOSTITCH Crown Stapler is one of the best staple guns for upholstery available in the market. It has several unique features that make it worth the price. It offers an oil-free operation that eliminates any stain of oil from occurring and as a result, guarantees maintenance-free operation.
BOSTITCH Crown Stapler has great stability and durability. It is easy to manage as it doesn’t require any maintenance. This stapler reduces the possibility of dry firing with its low-nail lockout. It also ensures the comfort of the users with its ultra-quiet exhaust as it directs the produced air away. The BOSTITCH Crown Stapler also features a changeable belt hook, precise countersinking, and selectable trigger operation. It also comes with all the necessary accessories needed for the application.
- You won’t have to deal with any oil stains while operating. Also, the air produced while stapling won’t be an issue due to the exhaust. The exhaust doesn’t cause much noise. You can easily switch to contact operation from sequential. Moreover, you can avoid issues related to dry firing. It comes with a carrying case for easier storage.
- You may find using the BOSTITCH Crown Stapler a bit troublesome as it only operates with special types of staples. So it doesn’t offer versatility. The heavyweight of this tool may be an issue for you as well. Also, as it doesn’t come with storing this stapler is difficult. If you are on a budget, then this stapler won’t cut.
Factors to pick the Best Manual Staple Gun for Upholstery
The factors to consider before selecting a staple gun for upholstery are given below for consideration-
Manual staple guns don’t usually come with an anti-jamming mechanism. However, there are some models that feature some special attributes that contribute to making the gun less jamming. For example- some staple guns have a special reloading system and some have a special spring that enables you to jamming-free operation. Therefore, before you select your staple gun, make sure to look for features that guarantee anti-jamming.
The hand-grip of a staple gun is one of the most important factors you should consider when buying a manual staple gun. Some also consider this feature to be most important as the satisfactory result of your project widely depends upon the control you have over the tool. Moreover, to be worthy of all ages, a staple needs to offer great hand-grip as well.
So depending on what level of pressure you can put on the handles, you should select your staple gun. Also, the material of the handle should be given priority as well. Because a rubberised grip is always better than a naked metal grip. Because it provides more comfort and stability while a naked metal grip causes your hands to sweat. This may cause slipping and deny you the precise and accurate end result.
Staple size is another factor you should consider. As staple guns usually come with staples, most people neglect to consider this point. However, for long-time use, this becomes a big issue. Because there are some models that can only operate with special kinds of staples that are at times hard to access. Therefore, make sure to get a staple gun that can operate with standard staple size.
When buying a staple gun, aim for a durable product rather than a cheap one. So that you can use the tool for a long time rather than having it broken down after a few uses. Therefore, make sure to choose a model that’s made of steel and aluminum as they provide a strong and rigid build.
What is the best size staple for upholstery?
Even though heavy-duty tasks and construction work required a rigid and unrefined stapler, it is not the case for upholstery tasks. As a result, while operating on the upholstery, you’ll find that the staples that are small in size are suitable enough to get the work done with full satisfaction. Any medium wire of fine wire staples is appropriate for this purpose.
The staple requirement of the upholstery is a gauge of 22, whereas a typical staple has gauge ranges of 16,18, and 20. As upholstery is more delicate and refined, the smarter choice is to always use small fasteners. Because they produce less pressure and as a result, they don’t end up damaging your delicate material. So to sum up, the best size staple for upholstery is a gauge of 22.
FAQs on Best Manual Staple Gun for Upholstery
Can you use a manual staple gun for upholstery?
You can definitely use a manual staple gun for upholstery. In fact, most people choose manual over electric staple guns because of the control it offers. Manual staple guns are highly suitable for delicate tasks. Because these guns provide maximum control as you get to fire by pulling the trigger and control the time in between. Also, as you get to control the gun manually, they don’t rely upon any battery or cord to operate. As a result, manual staple guns are smaller and more convenient to operate with.
What’s the best manual staple gun?
Most people consider the Arrow T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun to be the best manual staple gun available in the market. Because this staple gun not only has an extremely strong build of chrome-steel but also offers great ease and smoothness while operating. It is has a great life expectancy and reliability. The features this staple gun offer includes-jam-resistant mechanism, rear-load magazine, high-leverage handle, staple viewing window, etc. It also offers maximum comfort to the users. All these features that too at a low cost are very rare.
What size staples are used for upholstery?
Staple comes in different sizes and lengths. Therefore, it is important to know whose size is appropriate for which line of work. The best size for upholstery is a gauge of 22. Upholstery doesn’t require much pressure in order to staple it, therefore, staples of small sizes are appropriate enough. As upholstery is a delicate material, putting too much pressure on it may cause it to damage or break down. This is the reason why a 22 gauge staple is all you need to get the expected outcome.
What can I use instead of a staple gun?
Even though staple guns are the easiest tool to use, there are also some alternatives that you can use instead of a staple gun. Such as rivet guns, glue guns, etc. These two are also exceptional fasteners. A rivet gun is not only easy to remove and replace it also has excellent versatility. Because rivets come in different lengths and diameters to make operating on various materials easier for you. Another alternative is a glue gun. It is basically a sticky hot liquid that glues two things together by instantly drying. However, it is not a long-lasting solution.
Take the Best Staple Gun for Upholstery
Given the indecision people usually face when buying a staple gun, in this article, we have tried our level best to provide all the necessary information regarding the best manual staple guns for upholstery. We have vividly talked about the features of each of the staple guns that have made their way up to the best 5 so that you can understand the features that your project requires for successful completion.
Besides the features, we have also discussed the pros and cons of each product for a better understanding and clearer view. Furthermore, we have given you a buying guide that you should consider in case you are extending your research to other staple guns that are not added in the list we have provided. We hope this article was of help to you and wish you the best of luck in your upcoming project.
- Handyman’s pick: Top 5 Best Manual Staple Gun for Upholstery
- Factors to pick the Best Manual Staple Gun for Upholstery
- What is the best size staple for upholstery?
- FAQs on Best Manual Staple Gun for Upholstery