A nail gun is an essential tool for hardie trim and siding. Nail gun is a must needed tool for installing hardie trim. As Hardie trim is made of water, sand, cellulose pulp, and portland cement, you need a stronger nail gun than a hammer.
Under the circumstances, take the best nail gun for Hardie trim to get the final outcome of your project. In order to install Hardie trim, you need a nail gun that is dependable and tough as well as powerful and versatile.
Handyman’s pick: Top 5 Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim
|PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX||Color: Cream
Weight: 5.9 pounds
13.88 x 5 x 12 inches
Country of Origin: China
1 Lithium ion battery
|NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic||Color: Ash
Weight: 8.58 pounds
5.51 x 14.17 x 20.08 inches
Country of Origin: China
|DEWALT Finish Nailer||Color: Yellow
Weight: 2.65 pounds
13.03 x 3.74 x 13.09 inches
Country of Origin: China
|Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic||Color: Black/Orange
Weight: 6.38 pounds
23.03 x 9.45 x 14.8 inches
|BOSTITCH Framing Nailer||Color: Yellow/Black
Weight: 4.17 pounds
23 x 16 x 6 inches
Country of Origin: Taiwan
There are several options out there regarding nail guns for Hardie trim, it is important to know your preferences before deciding upon a specific kind. And this can be a time-consuming task. That is why we are here to help you with this selection process by providing you related pieces of information that will help you acknowledge your requirements and choose your nail gun accordingly.
Top Nail Gun
PORTER-CABLE 20V: Best Cordless Nail Gun for Hardie Trim
- PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nail Gun doesn’t require any gas cartridges, hose, or compressor because of its battery power.
- It guarantees constant firing power due to its 18-gauge motor design.
- The nail gun offers ease while operating with its various tool-free settings.
- It enables user comfort by featuring both minimum centers of gravity and lightweight.
- The multi-functional LED provides error indication and illumination while operating.
The PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nail Gun is one of the best nail guns for Hardie siding. It is a highly powerful nail gun that can provide a battery power of 100% without any additional hose, gas cartridges, or compressor. The nail gun also has a unique 18-gauge motor design for constant firing power no matter what the climate condition is or which material you plan on using.
The PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nail Gun is an excellent choice for people looking for a handy tool. Because it features both minimum centres of gravity and various tool-free operations that ensure maximum comfort for the users. This nail gun also comes with a multi-functional LED for error indication and illuminating the workplace while operating. The Cordless Brad Nail Gun operates with great power without any external device.
- You won’t face any discomfort or fatigue while operating this nail gun due to its lightweight and minimum center of gravity. You will also be able to operate the nail gun with maximum safety. Even though the price is high, it is still lower in comparison to other high-end nail guns. Furthermore, you will be provided with a warranty of 3 years.
- There have been some complaints highlighting issues of jamming when using the PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nail Gun. You may also find this nail gun to be expensive if you are on a tight budget. Some people have also found this nail gun to be a bit heavy.
NuMax: Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim
- NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic Nail Gun has a magnesium body that provides both durability and lightweight.
- It is made of heat-accepted steel, so a simple heat gun cannot damage its body.
- This nail gun operates with plastic-coated nails of 21 degrees.
- It offers a single shot and quick power function due to its interchangeable trigger.
- The ergonomic design ensures great comfort for the users while operating.
- The no-mar tip and depth adjustment features ensure versatility regarding work surfaces.
- A drive blade is pre-installed to guarantee better service life.
If you are looking for an affordable yet highly efficient nail gun for handy trim, then the NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic Nail Gun is the one for you. It is one of the best nail guns for trim and baseboard. It has a magnesium body that not only makes the nail gun lightweight but also ensures durability. The interchangeable trigger is another great feature this nail gun provides.
It has a no-mar tip and depth adjustment feature that enables you to operate this nail gun in all sorts of climates and on every material effectively. So, the versatility this nail gun offers is remarkable. The NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic Nail Gun also ensures great service life with the drive blade it possesses. NuMax Pneumatic Nail Gun has a strong build that guarantees durability and reliability. It has a great service life due to its drive blade. It has an interchangeable trigger.
- You will find this nail gun to be highly comfortable and convenient to use. Due to its lightweight, you won’t face any sort of fatigue. It is also very handy and comfortable to carry around. Lastly, it is one of the most budget-friendly efficient nails guns available out there.
- The main problem with the NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic Nail Gun is its heavyweight as it causes serious discomfort and fatigue for the users. This nail gun is not a good choice for professional work. It only works with specific kinds of nails.
DEWALT: Best Nail Gun for Hardie Siding
- DEWALT Finish Nail Gun is an efficient air-powered nail gun.
- It is highly durable because of its solid construction and low maintenance requirement.
- Proper setting is possible due to its adjustable tool-free depth-of-drive feature.
- The nail gun offers easy removal of nails due to its tool-free jam-release feature.
- It keeps the produced air away from users with its rear exhaust.
- It can drive nails of length ⅝ to 2 inches.
- The nail gun is easily controllable due to the flexible belt hook.
- It comes with a carrying case for easy storage.
- The rubberized grip allows great comfort for the users.
DEWALT Finish Nail Gun is one of the best nail guns for trim. It has several exceptional features that make it one of the highly admired nail guns. It is an air-powered best drill gun with a strong and rigid build. As a result, it is highly durable and reliable. This nail gun is also maintenance-free which makes it all the more desired.
DEWALT Finish Nail Gun features a tool-free jam-release that guarantees easy removal of the nail making the operation easier for the users. To increase the ease further, this nail gun comes with a rubberised grip as well. It also allows you to properly adjust the setting according to your project requirements. The package of the gun includes a manual that gives you proper direction and a carrying case for easy storage. The Finish Nail Gun is maintenance-free. It is highly durable and reliable. You will find the gun to be easily operable because of its rubberised handle.
- You can effortlessly adjust its setting according to your project requirements making this gun highly versatile. It also provides smooth operation to its users. You won’t face any issues regarding storage.
- The DEWALT Finish Nail Gun doesn’t come with any nails or air compressor. Some people have also found the locking mechanism to be trouble-some while operating.
Freeman: Best Nail Gun for Trim
- Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic Nail Gun comes with a powerful combination of 4 nailers- narrow crown stapler, straight brad nailer, finish nailer, and framing nailer.
- This air-powered nail gun has a rigid build of an anodized aluminum magazine for all sorts of heavy-duty applications.
- Less tear and wear on pistons and cylinders is confirmed with its Teflon O-rings.
- Internal failure-related risk is possible to reduce with the nail gun’s steel drive blades.
- The quick jam-release of the tool makes clearing jam more effortless.
- The nail gun comes with all the necessary accessories including wrenches, manuals, and a storage bag.
If you are in search of the best nail gun for a trim then you should definitely consider the Freeman Pneumatic Nail Gun. It is highly capable of all sorts of heavy-duty applications because of its anodised aluminium magazine build but the most attractive feature of this nail gun is its versatility. Because this nail gun package comes with 4 different kinds of nailers to provide you with a wide range of applications.
Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic Nail Gun also features Teflon O-rings to minimise the tear and wear on pistons and cylinders. The steel drive blades of the nail gun also ensure internal failure-related risks. It also features a quick jam-release for smoother operation. The Pneumatic Nail Gun has great versatility as it provides you with 4 different kinds of nailers.
- You can easily rely upon this tool for all your heavy-duty needs. It has great durability and power. You will find it easier to deal with the jamming. Storage is not an issue with this nail gun. It comes with every piece of required accessories including a canvas bag for easy storing. You will find this nail gun highly affordable as well.
- Finding appropriate nails for the Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic Nail Gun may be a bit difficult. You may find the price of this nail gun to be higher than necessary. You may also face problems regarding miss-feed. The jamming problem is another issue with this nail gun.
BOSTITCH: Best Nail Gun for Trim and Baseboard
- BOSTITCH Framing Nail Gun has a magnesium body that promotes lightweight.
- It allows you to change the setting to either metal connector or framing with its quickly changeable nosepieces.
- Easy depth adjustment is possible with the help of its push-button guide.
- A flexible rafter hook makes hanging tools on joists and rafters easier.
- It can drive plastic collated metal connectors of 1 ½ to 2 ½ inches.
- The nail gun also comes with a bump and sequential trigger, a framing nailer of 1 ½ to 3 ½ inches, and a driving power of 1050 inch-pounds.
- The rubber grip of the nail gun offers great control over the tool as well as comfort.
If you are in search of the best nail gun for Hardie siding then you should consider the BOSTITCH Framing Nail Gun. Because this nail gun is not only lightweight but also has a rigid magnesium body. It has a unique feature of changeable nose pieces which lets you switch the setting to either metal connector or framing. As a result, the versatility is also admirable.
As depth is an important factor for Hardie siding, the BOSTITCH Framing Nail Gun also features an easy depth adjustment. Even though it doesn’t come with a storage bag, it has a flexible rafter hook that allows you to hang the tool without facing any trouble. This nail gun also comes with a rubberised handle that provides maximum support and comfort to the users. The Framing Nail Gun is a highly capable nail gun. It has lightweight that guarantees you a fatigue-free operation.
- The strong build of the tool ensures great durability. You can easily operate it for both metal connectors and framing. Depth adjustment is easier with this tool. You can effortlessly hang the tool on rafters when you don’t need to use it. The gun also has a rubberized grip for better control and comfort of the users. It comes with a warranty of 7 years.
- The BOSTITCH Framing Nail Gun has some jamming issues in comparison to other available nail guns. Also, it doesn’t come with an air filtering option which may concern some of the users.
Factors to pick the Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim
Whenever buying a tool, there are several factors we should consider in order to make sure we don’t get ripped off. These factors regarding the best nail gun for Hardie trim are given below-
Nail size is very important for hardie trim because it requires designed nails. For this purpose only, the prerequisite for the nail is a diameter of 2 inches. These nails are available in wire welded condition as well as plastic collated. But before using any of these nails, make sure your nail gun is appropriate for them as otherwise, they may be a bit risky to operate with.
Nail guns must have a user-friendly operation for satisfactory results. Depth adjustment is an important feature to consider before selecting your nail gun. Tasks like Hardie trimming require great precision which is why being able to adjust the depth is essential. Also, the wrong measurements can cause harm to your hand as well as your workpiece. Therefore, ensure your nail gun has proper depth adjustment options.
Ease of Operation
A nail gun is an easier replacement for hammers. Therefore, they must be able to provide maximum comfort and support while operating. Now, to make sure of your comfort, you need to choose a nail gun that’s not too heavy to operate and doesn’t cause any kind of fatigue. Also, your nail gun must have an ergonomic design for handles so that you can operate it with maximum ease.
Nail guns are meant to jam every now and then. Therefore, before selecting your nail gun you need to research thoroughly and go through reviews to see which nail gun is said to jam less frequently than others.
As Hardie trimming is a rigorous task, it is important to make sure the nail gun you are planning on buying has great durability. Make sure your nail gun is made of aluminum or galvanized steel as they ensure more durability than plastic nail guns. Therefore, make sure to check durability before settling upon any tool.
Why should you use a nail gun for Hardie trim?
There are several reasons why you should use a nail gun rather than a hammer for Hardie trim. One of the most valid reasons behind choosing so is the safety and accuracy a nail gun provides. Whenever you use a hammer, it is quite common to miss your target. Due to this, you can either be stuck with a crooked nail or hurt your fingers because of the miscalculated swing. But with a nail gun, this situation can be avoided.
Another great reason for choosing a nail gun is its convenience and effortless operation. All you need to do is to be able to support the nail gun’s weight to have a smooth and comfortable operation. It also saves time and provides professional-level outcomes.
FAQs on Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim
What is the best nail gun for Hardie trim?
Most people consider the PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nail Gun to be the best nail gun for Hardie trim. This nail gun has an extremely good battery life and doesn’t require any hose, gas cartridges, or compressor for external power. The 18-gauge motor design of this nail gun offers constant firing and it doesn’t differ due to the climate condition or material. It is also quite lightweight which ensures easy operation as well as comfort. The nail gun also has a tool-free setting for further ease. Therefore, among the options you have, the PORTER-CABLE Nail Gun is comparatively the best.
Can you use a nail gun on Hardie board?
You can for sure use a nail gun on Hardie board. In fact, it is the best tool to use for the purpose. Hardie board is made of water, sand, cellulose pulp, and portland cement. Therefore, it is quite hard and firm, and nailing it is quite difficult. This is why you need a tool that is powerful and rigid enough to help you nail it. If you plan on hand-nailing it, you will surely face difficulty because of its hardness. Therefore, a nail gun is the best option to do the task.
What gauge nail gun do you use for a trim?
Knowing the right size of the gauge of nail gun for trim is very important as the final result depends on it greatly. A nail gun of 15 gauge is the appropriate size for a trim. However, if the trim is thicker, then you may need a nail gun of 16 gauge. Most people use the 16-gauge nail gun because it is not only lighter but also smaller. Therefore, it is quite convenient to use.
What size nails do you use for Hardie siding?
Hardie siding requires a specific kind of nail in order to provide the user with a satisfactory result. Therefore, it is extremely important to know which size of nail is appropriate for Hardie siding. And as there are several types of nails available, choosing the right nail for this purpose can be difficult for some people. So to pinpoint the nail requirement- the Hardie siding needs a galvanised or stainless steel corrosion-free nail of size 6D or 8D and 1 ¾ to 2 ¾ inches should be the nail size.
What is the best nail gun for siding?
The best nail gun for Hardie siding is the BOSTITCH Framing Nail Gun. It is a highly capable nail gun with great features. It has a magnesium design that promotes lightweight which is a quality you need while operating on materials as it minimises the chances of fatigue and discomfort. The build also provides great durability. Among other features, the nail gun also has changeable nosepieces for dual operation. It is also a very budget-friendly nail gun.
Take the Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim
Because of the variety of nail guns available in the market, choosing the right one for your specific project sometimes becomes tiresome. Therefore, to make your research easier, in this article, we discussed the best nail guns for Hardie trim. We have talked about the top 5 nail guns that we believe you should consider and given proper and adequate information regarding each. We not only discussed their features but also talked about their advantages and disadvantages according to our view.
Additionally, we have also given you a buying guide for your nail gun so that in case the 5 we have discussed don’t match your requirements, you can still look for other options with a proper view of the features. We hope you found this article helpful and wish you the best of luck in choosing the right nail gun according to your needs.
- Handyman’s pick: Top 5 Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim
- Factors to pick the Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim
- FAQs on Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim