Hardwood floors are very delicate and sensitive, so you have to be prudent while cutting with a saw blade. Choosing the wrong saw blade can damage hardwood floor installation. So, when installing a parquet to beautify your home, ensure that you have the best saw blade for cutting hardwood flooring.
There are a number of saw blades available in the market. You can use the rip saw blade, pointed saw blade, serrated saw blade, ripsaw blade, thin saw blade, and carbide-tipped saw blade to cut hardwood.
Since the vertical and horizontal bamboo floors have the same density as conventional hardwoods, any typical saw blade works best. The carbide-tipped saw blade ensures a clean and flawless cut. For cutting wood or plywood crossly, use a blade with 40 to 80 teeth.
DIYers Pick: 5 Best Saw Blade for Cutting Hardwood Flooring
|DEWALT 10-Inch Mitersaw Blade||Color: Yellow
13.75″ x 13.75″ x 0.19″
|Freud 12″ x 72T||Color: Red
Dimensions: 1″ x 1″ x 1″
|Makita A-93681 10-Inch||Color: Silver
12″ x 11.8″ x 0.2″
|Bosch DCB1072CD||Color: Blue
12″ x 14″ x 0.31″
|CRAFTSMAN 10-Inch Miter Saw Blade||Color: Red/Silver
13.86″ x 10.83″ x 0.12″
For the best cutting quality, purchase a blade with 70-tooth for roll products. The tiny teeth make small bites to reduce fragmentation and have sharp angles on their edges for scratching the surface of the coating.
Also, remember that you need space to expand the wood, so cover the edges with the shoe molding, hiding the cuts. Moreover, wood trim will ruin the blade a little faster, but that doesn’t matter.
Anyway, choosing the right blade is a daunting task, as the hardwood project is complicated without a suitable blade. But you are here meaning things have become more accessible.
We’ve analysed more than 100 products from different marketplaces, followed the reviews, and made the list of the best saw blades for cutting engineered wood flooring.
Top Saw Blade
DEWALT: Best Miter Saw Blade for Hardwood Flooring
- It gives you a great result when you need bevel or miter cutting.
- Expansion slots prevent overheating and extend blade life.
- The more complicated the tungsten carbide, the longer it stays sharp.
- Thin and slim kerf provides smooth and fast cutting with a 5/8-inch arbor.
- This anti-kickback blade reduces sticking and runs your saw swiftly when cutting.
- A balanced computer plate lessens vibration for greater precision and better quality.
- You can use both edges on softwood, hardwood, veneer, MDF, or plywood.
- Long-lasting tungsten carbide possesses the absolute edge.
- Brand: DEWALT
- Material: Carbide
- Dimensions: 13.75″ x 13.75″ x 0.19″
- Color: Metallic
- Teeth: 60
- Amazon rating: 4.8 out of 5
Our list has begun with the top and most reliable saw blade. This best saw blade for cutting floor has been designed for professionals and rigorous projects. It delivers the functionality to a reciprocating saw, table saw, radial arm saw, or a track saw.
The DEWALT blade set includes 32-tooth utility blades for general purpose and a 60-tooth blade for fine finishing. Moreover, these fine kerf blades are ideal for bevel and sliding cuts in hardwood, chipboard, softwood, and plywood. Also, it provides fast, clean cuts with minimal waste.
The patented wedge shoulder positions extra steel on the back of each tip, increasing precision and strength. Anyway, get the advanced technology you want at a reasonable price with that heavy-duty composite pack.
- The ATB blades of 7-degree have a thin insert and cutting edge for fast, smooth cuts. A Shaft of 5/8″ is compatible with various saws such as table saws, radial, reciprocating, and crosscut saws. Durable carbide provides strength and enhances blade life. The 32-tooth blade is ideal for ripping, while the 60-tooth blade is ideal for crosscutting.
- We haven’t found so many objections about this saw blade. A few people claim that they have problems adjusting the two blades in a single saw. In contrast, the 60-tooth have some issues, the 32-tooth work like butter.
Freud: Miter Saw Blade for Hardwood Flooring
- This blade has a diameter of 12″ with 72 teeth and ATB ground.
- TiCo Premium High-Density Carbide Compound allows maximum efficiency.
- The negative hook tips minimise lift for more satisfactory control.
- Thin kerf needs less energy and delivers more power.
- Non-stick Perma-Shield coating lowers blade drag and protects against corrosion and resin.
- The arbor size is 1,” and it generates 0.090 kerfs.
- This blade is ideal for cutting 1/2″ to 2-3/4″ thick materials.
- A sturdy plate with slots enables laser damping and anti-vibration.
- Brand: Freud
- Material: Blend
- Dimensions: 1″ x 1″ x 1″
- Color: Multi
- Teeth: 72
- Amazon rating: 4.8 out of 5
Though you’re an experienced carpenter or a high-performance furniture maker, you must rely on precision cutting devices for superior finishes and long life. Freud always cares for the money, time, and serious creativity you put into every carpentry project. The accuracy level of their blade is unparalleled in this industry.
This thin-edged industrial blade furnishes an exceptional finish when cutting composite miter saws. The negative 5° hook angle prevents over-aggression of the blade and pulls your workpiece down until it stops. Thin blade discs terminate less material than the standard carbide discs, so less force is required to achieve good results.
Since the company produces this blade from laser cut of high-quality steel, it stays flat, stable, and strong even after extended use. In addition, the balanced anti-vibration design implies that no additional stabilizers need to be used with the blade.
- This 72-tooth variable bevel cutting blade configuration has right and left teeth. The blade teeth also have a five-degree negative attachment angle, which prevents the blade from being fierce by much. This blade is precisely balanced and prestressed for clean cuts under bulk loads. It features anti-vibration laser cutting attachments that reduce vibration for a more immaculate finish, extended blade life, and less noise during operation.
- This blade is good but sometimes dull quickly. It works well on non-ferrous metals but does not cut wood very cleanly with a rake.
Makita: Best Saw Blade for Cutting Engineered Wood Flooring
- Grained carbide teeth ground to 600 grit to have a mirror finish.
- Specially hand-stretched and fully hardened steel blades provide a precise cut.
- ATAF tooth shape (alternate top and alternate face) delivers exact cutting.
- Ultra-thin Japanese carbide nose design provides a smoother cut with less motor drag.
- This saw blade is perfect for softwood, hardwood, and plywood.
- Brand: Makita
- Material: Carbide
- Dimensions: 12″ x 11.8″ x 0.2″
- Color: Silver
- Teeth: 80
- Amazon rating: 4.8 out of 5
After an extended cut for so long, Makita saw blades are contrived for performance and precision. Alternative tip and tooth design (ATAF) and ultra-fine Japanese kerf provide precise cutting without more material loss as well as minimal motor drag.
Moreover, all Makita reciprocating saw blades contain fully hardened steel and are hand-stretched. Also, these blades are the perfect addition to your reciprocating saw.
Generally, jigsaws make a lot of noise and produce plenty of dust, but this thinly blade does both well. In fact, the thin edge reduces dust significantly and is more tranquil than a conventional blade. Also, the lower antagonism minimizes the tendency of the blade to go into dado cuts.
Crosscuts with hardwood and softwood are even and clean. So, you must order this saw blade for hardwood flooring to make an extremely professional cutting.
- The device has excellent corrosion protection, which promises a long service life. The model’s shock-resistant tri-metal seam provides excellent resistance to heat. You can easily install it on modern circular saws. This saw blade is ideal for thin cross cutting and cutting soft and hardwood materials. Also, this device is made from quality materials.
- This product works well with hardwood and softwood floors but doesn’t work well enough for the laminate flooring. Though this saw blade is excellent for small projects, this is not ideal for heavy loads.
Bosch: Circular Saw Blade for Wood Flooring
- Brute Carbide with improved C3/C4 microsphere formulation provides resistance to impact damage and extends blade life.
- Triple-knurled tooth geometry offers maximum performance and finishes on high abrasive materials.
- Special antagonistic hook angle prevents cracking and prolongs blade life.
- Super hard steel body provides precision and resistance to distorting and bending for a precise cut.
- Thin kerf offers faster cutting and reduces waste.
- Edge blades are designed for outstanding performance in certain applications and materials.
- Quality construction is equipped with innovative technologies and quality materials.
- Brand: BOSCH
- Material: Carbide
- Dimensions: 12″ x 14″ x 0.31″
- Color: Blue
- Teeth: 72
- Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5
The BOSCH saw blade is ideal for removing grease and chamfering pre-drilled holes. This blade is suitable for plumbing, electrical, and HVAC installers.
Moreover, the BOSCH saw blade offers clean and accurately cut various materials. These blades work well with even the most rigid materials using super tough titanium coated surfaces and quality high-speed materials.
Moreover, these reciprocating knives’ cutting quality and durability are top-notch. These blades can cut metal 20% faster with their own two-to-two tooth geometry.
Also, these blades feature a varying tooth angle of 5/8 teeth each inch, increasing chip evacuation and providing a smoother and more precise cutting. You will find these saw blades in various sizes and configurations. It makes them ideal for heavy-duty contractors, professionals, or hobbyists.
- The teeth are micro-blasted to keep the blade sharp and improve the accuracy of the tip. This best saw blade for laminate flooring is made from powdered alloy steel for expanded durability to withstand higher temperatures. Also, titanium coating reduces heat buildup. These blades’ increased height and body thickness provide a smoother cut with less vibration.
- This blade is very sharp but speedy for some users. Also, some people find it difficult to rip cut the fence.
CRAFTSMAN: Best Saw Blade for Cutting Hardwood/Bamboo Flooring
- Induction welded carbide tips on the 10″ blade improves durability and extend blade life.
- Heat-treated base eliminates distortion.
- Precision grounded teeth provide smooth and precise cuts
- Anti-corrosion coating prevents rust.
- Brand: CRAFTSMAN
- Material: Carbide
- Dimensions: 13.86″ x 10.83″ x 0.12″
- Teeth: 60
- Amazon rating: 4.8 out of 5
This 10″ saw blade is excellent value for money for an economical blade. It has two different blades, 24 teeth for ripping cuts and 60 teeth for fine finishing.
Inductively welded carbide teeth deliver strength and longer blade life, while preciseness grinding ensures precise and smooth cuts. The steel sheet is heat-treated for reducing deformation, and then an anti-corrosion coating is applied to minimize rust.
You can cut plenty of used wood, so most importantly, you have to cut a few nails with it and still have a long blade life. They go through the IPE wood for the deck project with no problem. If you have worked with the IPE before, you will understand it is.
- This blade has induction welded carbide tips, making them durable and ideal for prolonged use. Both blades in this combo have an anti-corrosion coating. Also, the ultra-slim design of this blade enables versatile cutting. The new laser-cut technology provides maximum power while cutting. The edges include precision-ground teeth for a smooth cut.
- The blade works well initially, but after prolonged use, it dulls quicker than other blades. Sometimes it produces too much noise for some users.
WEN: Saw Blade for Cutting Hardwood Flooring
- It has a 10″ diameter, a 15.88 mm arbor, and a rated speed of around 6000 rpm.
- This blade is ideal for cutting all types of soft and hardwood.
- The 2.4 mm ultra-thin kerf provides efficient and clean cuts.
- This blade has come out with 60 carbide teeth for cutting thin coated wood.
- The blade is compatible with most 10″ reciprocating, table, and construction saws.
- Brand: WEN
- Material: Carbide
- Dimensions: 13.7″ x 11.1″ x 0.83″
- Teeth: 60
- Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5
WEN’s professional 10″ thin coated woodworking blade delivers reliable and precise work while maintaining a straight shape plus sharper edges than others. Mechanically cut carbide teeth cut through any wood, making it easy to cut oak, poplar, pine, maple, cherry, licorice, and more.
The 5/8″ shaft ensures compatibility with most 10″ reciprocating saws, jigsaws, and table saws. Thermal expansion sockets help this blade extend and tighten as required to ensure maximum precision in a wide variety of cuttings.
Moreover, the unique protective layer fights potential damage from heat, corrosion, tar, resin, rust, and more. This ultra-thin, lightweight blade delivers maximum performance in use and leaves a cut that’s only 2.4mm wide. So, buy a reliable and robust WEN saw today!
- WEN helps carpenters complete all sizes and shapes projects with a wide range of desktop and portable woodworking tools. No issue about the power outlet with the ever-expanding range of this blade. The wide range of inverter, dual fuel, and conventional gas-powered generators provides the right combination of power and features for every application.
- Compared to the features, this blade seems pricy for some customers. Also, it dulls quickly and produces more noise than other blades. But occasional use may reduce it.
OVERPEAK: Hardwood Cutting Saw Blade
- This saw blade contains a more robust tungsten carbide tip for five times longer sawing times than other saw blades.
- Thin kerf enables faster and smooth cut and produces minimal waste
- Twelve laser cutting extension slots and eight laser cutting stabilizer holes absorb vibration and noise.
- Also, the extension slots keep the blade cool and reduce blade deformation.
- This 10″ saw blade with a unique ATB tooth design delivers a straighter and smoother cut.
- The company also ensures excellent customer support.
- Brand: Overpeak
- Material: Carbide
- Dimensions: 11.6″ x 11.2″ x 0.2″
- Teeth: 80
- Amazon rating: 4.3 out of 5
The high-quality OVERPEAK saw blade works fast, smooth, and perfect wood. It cuts like butter with a hot knife. Also, this best saw blade for cutting bamboo flooring provides maximum precision and cutting performance so that you can do better and more work in less time.
Its edge is so smooth you will think it is sanded with 600 sandpapers. Moreover, this blade cuts very straight, it won’t crumble into softwood, and the edges of the cutting look like it’s been polished.
- The unique cement carbide teeth may penetrate wood smoothly, improving cutting precision and work efficiency. After a continuous cutting test, the blade does not dull or deform. This blade can cut straight, be realistic, and not break on softwood. The fluffy cut it leaves, you will think someone rubs it.
- The blade is good, cuts well, and is relatively quiet. But the company may make it from a lower quality carbide. That’s because, after a few cuts, the teeth began dull.
Best Saw Blade for Cutting Hardwood Flooring: Buying Guide
There are different saw blades for hardwood available in the market. You have to buy the best one for the perfect result. So, you have to watch for the following criteria when purchasing a saw blade for your project.
Dust removal and wedge
These things are significant for parquet. The primary function of wedges is to angle cut the wood. Chamfering is vital for the hardwood floors, so pick a saw blade with a wedge feature.
When working with a saw, a lot of dust is released. The dust extraction is carried out using the dust collection function and ensures the cleanliness of the filling.
Quality material is a crucial factor while purchasing a saw blade. Generally, most manufacturers use carbide in their blades. They last for so long and don’t dull quickly. Avoid blending materials for more efficiency with your saw blade.
Maple is a widely used hardwood due to its antibacterial properties. So, it’s better to work with a power saw as you don’t know with which wood you have to deal. Buy a hardwood saw blade that can be operated with a single hand and is adequate for professional work.
You will see two different clamps on the saw. Some manufacturers employ T-shank saw blades, while others use U-shank clamps. Select one with two clamps.
Adjusted speed is critical for electric hardwood saws. Most hardwood saws have different variable rates so buy a blade that goes with the perfect speed for your project.
When buying a hardwood saw blade, always consider its weight, power, and cost. It is essential to buy a reasonably priced saw blade to support the wood weight.
How to Use a Saw Blade for Cutting Hardwood Floors?
Hardwoods are still the best flooring material, although they have become less familiar recently. Hardwood floors fit in with any interior, rustic, modern, or traditional. They are an excellent replacement for other types of flooring like tile, wood, cork laminate, and more.
Before installing the floor, it is essential to complete the wooden floor. Follow the guidelines carefully and install your hardwood floors today!
Step 1: Selecting the Right Blade
Make sure the saw blade is flat and works well. The blade cuts in the right shape and makes some slight vibration.
Lower your blade before cutting but not too far as the wood can be so long from the saw. The blade should work smoothly. Keep in mind that your blade is sharp enough to remove everything lying on the wood.
Step 2: Make Your Saw Ready
Cleaning saw before starting operation is an important step. You may need a pressure washer or vacuum cleaner to clean your saw. Keep the hands away from the tip to avoid the risk of cutting the fingers.
Step 3: Start Cutting
Now start cutting the hardwood in size. The saw blade cuts 20-25% of the board’s width in most cases. Be careful not to cut yourself at the base. It is recommended to previously cut a piece of board as a sample with similar thickness to view its appearance.
Hardwoods can break if it is infested with insects. When cutting, make sure to place a piece of wood between the board and the blade to prevent it from sticking.
Step 4: Processing the Wood
When sawing, ensure that your board is not moving or bending, leading to cracking of the wood. If an area needs sanding or finishing, take care of your board’s condition. If you can’t sand and process the wood, you may apply a protective layer.
Don’t cut a wooden wall when sawing. Cut the subfloor and beam from below. It needs to be supported. When sawing the subfloor, ensure the use of low-impact pigtails that won’t damage the floor.
What Are the Different Types of Saw Blades for Cutting Hardwood Floor?
You will need certain blades specifically for parquet, composite or laminate floors. Let’s have a look at them!
All-purpose saw blade: This blade has around 40-60 teeth. It works on various woods, including hardwoods, and performs ripping and crosscutting. The consequent cut is not as clean and smooth as a crosscut, but it is better than a rip narrow cut.
Saw blade for plywood: This blade has around 100 teeth that provide a fine finishing with less chipping or cracking. You can use them for cutting upholstery, moldings, and composite flooring.
Combination blade: It has 80-100 teeth and is highly suggested for cutting exotic laminate, hardwood, and precision cutting. Moreover, it works quickly regardless of the elements being cut.
Hi-ATB blade: High Alternate Top Bevel blade is a modified version of the ATB blade that provides an extremely smooth cut. It differs from a regular ATB blade with an increased bevel angle from around 30-40 degrees. This blade breaks easily and dulls faster for its high efficiency.
Rip blade with a glue line: A typical rip blade has 24 flat teeth that provide a coarse cut. But, the rip blade with glue line has 30 teeth with TCG (triple chip grind) every two teeth, and the rest with FTG (flat top grind).
Anyway, TCG teeth do not have recesses, making them long-lasting. It offers smoother cutting, leaving the wood ready for gluing.
Rip Blade: Due to its small number of teeth, 20 to 30, it is best suited for cutting hardwood with chips.
FAQs on Best Saw Blade for Cutting Hardwood Flooring
What is the best blade for cutting hardwood flooring?
In general, carbide-tipped blades are the best for cutting hardwood flooring and more rigid exotic materials. You can sharpen or re-edged quality blades multiple times to save money. In this category, rip blades are the best. These blades are specially designed for cutting wood fibers, and it’s easy to cut through hardwoods leaving a neat edge. Also, the ATB blades do the work quite well.
What do you use to cut hardwood floors?
To cut hardwood floors, drill holes first, then use the jigsaw. You must have a reasonably solid jigsaw with a long blade to cut the base, floor, and subfloor. Drilling the initial holes, you can use a reciprocating saw. Using a table saw is much more secure than a circular saw, but it still has a few issues. You can also use a miter saw, and a jamb saw for cutting hardwood floors.
Are more teeth on a saw blade better?
In the case of performance, the number of teeth is not a big deal. Generally, a blade with more teeth cuts smoothly, while a blade with fewer teeth removes material faster. For example, the crosscut blades can have more individual cuttings as they go through the material than a rip blade, requiring a slow feed rate. However, the outcome is a smoother cutting surface and a cleaner cutting edge.
Why does my saw blade burn the wood?
Dull blades are the main culprits. It makes things challenging to cut fast and slows down the saw’s feed rate. This more friction against the wood may increase the risk of burns. Also, pushing material very slowly through the saw can cause blade burns. Sometimes a dull blade can be dirty, and during a repeated operation for so long, a pitch can overlap the blade teeth. It may cause the burning of wood.
Finding the best saw blade for cutting hardwood flooring is a daunting task. But we have reduced your pain by introducing the top 7 saw blades for cutting engineered wood.
All the products are fantastic on the list. But some products have really attracted me. For smoother, faster, and bevel cutting with less vibration, I recommend the DEWALT (DW3106P5).
If you want a durable saw blade with ATB ground, you can go with the Freud (LU91R012). Also, we have five other blades on the list for their excellent features and performance. So, choose one for you today!