Making laminate flooring by yourself can be a conciliatory task if you can find the best saw blade for cutting laminate flooring according to your requirements. It is a prerequisite because otherwise, the task at hand can become both costly and time-consuming.
The saw blade you decide to get for yourself needs to have proper features in order to prevent wearing down as the protective wear sheet of laminate causes the issue to occur. But as there are several options available for saw blades for cutting laminate flooring, deciding upon one that satisfies all your preferences requires thorough research and time.
DIYers Pick: 3 Best Saw Blade for Cutting Laminate Flooring
|DEWALT DWA3193PCD||Color: Black/ Silver
0.5 x 9.75 x 8.75 inches
Number of Teeth: 4
Weight: 0.12 Kilograms
|Freud 10″ x 80T||Color: Red
1 x 1 x 1 inches
Number of Teeth: 80
|Makita A-93681||Color: Silver
12 x 11.8 x 0.2 inches
Number of Teeth: 80
Style: Miter Saw,
Therefore, we are here to help you with this tedious selection process. In this article, we plan on providing you with the top 7 saw blades for laminate flooring with their features, specifications, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
As a result, this article includes a thorough analysis of each product that will help you select the best one for your project needs. Therefore, we recommend you go through this entire article so that you can make a well-informed and sound decision regarding the decision at hand.
Top Saw Blade
DEWALT: Best Saw Blade for Laminate Flooring
- DEWALT DWA3193PCD Laminate Saw Blade is a 4.2-ounce blade of a diamond cover.
- It features 4 diamond-tipped teeth of synthetic polycrystalline for flawless and easy cuts.
- The tool comes with a ⅝-inch arbor and a 7 ¼-inch diameter for outstanding performance.
- The high-quality layer over the blade prevents overheating during operation.
- Brand Name: Dewalt
- Material: Diamond
- Weight: 4.2 ounces
- Item Dimensions: 0.5 x 9.75 x 8.75 inches
- Teeth Number: 4
- Customer Rating on Amazon: 4.2 out of 5
DEWALT DWA3193PCD Laminate Saw Blade is one of the best saw blades for laminate flooring not only because of its great features but also due to its budget-friendly nature. This tool has a unique design offering great durability. The diamond-covered teeth of the blade allow flawless and effortless cuts of different materials.
Another great fact about this saw blade is its top-notch coating. Because this feature prevents overheating, the most common problem from occurring. Therefore, one can effortlessly use this saw blade to cut through laminate flooring or fiber cement without facing any difficulty.
- DEWALT DWA3193PCD Laminate Saw Blade is a lightweight tool that offers easy portability and fatigue-free operation. The blade also has great durability due to its solid diamond build. You won’t have to face any issues regarding overheating due to its high-quality coating. Moreover, cutting through different materials of thicker diameter is also possible with the help of this laminate saw blade. The affable cost of the blade is another beneficial factor.
- Compared to the usual products available in the market, the blade size of the DEWALT DWA3193PCD Laminate Saw Blade is wider. This is the main problem of the saw blade as it minimises the tool’s versatility. Another issue is that the tool doesn’t come with a corrosion protection system.
Freud 10″ x 80T: Saw Blade for Laminate Flooring
- Freud 10″ x 80T LU79R010 Saw Blade comes with a diameter of 10 inches and an arbor of ⅝ inches.
- It has a hook angle of 2 degrees, a total number of 80 teeth, and a thin kerf of 0.098 inches.
- The saw blade offers maximum performance due to its premium carbide blend.
- Splinter-free cuts are possible because of the tooth design that offers alternate top bevels.
- The anti-vibration and laser-cut system of the blade offers a reduction in sideways movement and vibration during operation.
- The coating of the non-stick perma-shield ensures protection from pitch build-up and corrosion.
- Brand Name: Freud
- Material: Blend
- Weight: 1.7 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Teeth Number: 80
- Customer Rating on Amazon: 4.8 out of 5
Freud 10″ x 80T LU79R010 Saw Blade has made its way to the list of one of the best blades for laminate flooring with the help of its incredible efficiency and user-friendly nature. The material this blade is made of offers great strength in dealing with hard materials. It has exceptional qualities for ensuring precision and a flawless finish. Besides that, the saw blade comes with a unique coating for protection as well, which is quite rare.
- Freud 10″ x 80T LU79R010 Saw Blade is highly efficient and provides a flawless finish. It offers you maximum performance due to its build. The saw blade also provides splinter-free cuts. Due to generating reduced vibration. The precision this blade offers is remarkable. Moreover, it comes with a premium coating for greater protection from corrosion.
- The main problem with the Freud 10″ x 80T LU79R010 Saw Blade is its cheap teeth construction. They tend to break or bend after only a few uses. Compared to other available options out there, the finishing of this blade is also unimpressive and dull. The cost of the blade may seem pricey in comparison to its features and ineffectiveness.
Makita: Best Mitersaw Blade to Cut Laminate Flooring
- Makita A-93681 Micro Polished Mitersaw Blade is a carbide-made saw blade of 1.75 pounds.
- The micro-polished carbide of 600-grit provides a glossy finish.
- This 10-inch saw blade comes with a thin kerf of 0.091 inches for cutting precision and stability.
- It has a plate thickness of 0.71 and a hook angle of 5 degrees for efficiency.
- The 80 teeth of high density ensure surgical precision and accuracy.
- The thin kerf also ensures reduced thickness of the cutting line.
- The saw blade has extra endurance and a great overheating threshold.
- Brand Name: Makita
- Material: Carbide
- Weight: 1.75 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 12 x 11.8 x 0.2 inches
- Teeth Number: 80
- Customer Rating on Amazon: 4.8 out of 5
Among the top saw blades for laminate flooring, the Makita A-93681 Micro Polished Mitersaw Blade has made its place through its high compatibility and accuracy. This high-quality saw blade is made of micro-polished carbide for a glossy finish. It offers cutting accuracy, stability, and great performance because of the thin kerf it features. Among all the other available options, this saw blade also has maximum compatibility when it comes to as it can effortlessly make various cuts like beveled cuts, fine crosscuts, etc.
- Makita A-93681 Micro Polished Mitersaw Blade comes with a great Japanese quality, offers pro-grade cutting and great finishing. It maximizes perfection during fine crosscutting. The thin kerf offers both cutting accuracy and stability. It is capable of handling heavy-duty operations because of the extra endurance and great overheating threshold.
- The only problem with the Makita A-93681 Micro Polished Mitersaw Blade is its price. It may be difficult for most DIYers to buy the product due to it not being budget-friendly. Also, the noise generated during operation may also be difficult for some of the users to get used to.
Bosch: Best Circular Saw Blade for Laminate Flooring
- Bosch DCB1072CD Edge Circular Saw Blade is made of brute carbide for longer service life.
- The formulation of the material ensures higher resistance to damage.
- The triple-chip teeth provide a high-quality finish and maximum efficiency.
- The negative hook-angle of the blade saw ensures durability and elimination of chipping.
- It has a hard steel body for resisting deflection and bending while increasing accuracy.
- The thin kerf ensures less waster and faster cuts for higher performance.
- Brand Name: Bosch
- Material: Carbide
- Weight: 1.77 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 12 x 14 x 0.31 inches
- Teeth Number: 72
- Customer Rating on Amazon: 4.4 out of 5
If you are on the lookout for the best circular saw blade for laminate flooring, make sure to look into the Bosch DCB1072CD Edge Circular Saw Blade. This has made its place among the best because of its efficiency in cutting through materials of great rigidity while providing a long service life.
The brute carbide material of this cordless saw blade makes the blade damage-resistant and highly durable. The blade also provides both comfort and ease during operation because of its triple-chip teeth and negative hook-angle.
- Bosch DCB1072CD Edge Circular Saw Blade has a creative design. It has great durability because of the brute carbide material. The material also makes it damage-resistant. You can make cuts with this blade with efficiency and without much effort due to its triple-chip teeth. You won’t have to worry about excessive wearing while using this blade as well. Due to no vibration during operation, you get maximum precision and comfort.
- The main problem with the Bosch DCB1072CD Edge Circular Saw Blade is its high price because the cost makes it inaccessible to all sorts of users. Another issue with the blade is its need for maintenance.
Freud: Saw Blade for Cutting Laminate Flooring
- The special formula of Tico carbide of the Freud D1296L Diablo Laminate Flooring Saw Blade offers elongated cutting life.
- Cutting through laminate flooring is easier due to the thin-kerf triple-chip construction of the saw blade.
- The anti-vibration reeds of the blade offer vibration-free operation and ensure accuracy.
- The saw blade includes- technologies of laser-cut, slots for heat expansion, Perma shield coating.
- The thin kerf design of the blade maximises the performance of the machines.
- Brand Name: Diablo
- Material: Blend
- Weight: 2.53 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 0.25 x 13.9 x 15.6 inches
- Teeth Number: 96
- Customer Rating on Amazon: 4.6 out of 5
The Freud D1296L Diablo Laminate Flooring Saw Blade is one of the best blades to cut laminate flooring with. It has exceptional features and offers great efficiency during operation. This blade saw is made of Tico carbide which ensures great durability and stability. It has a thin-kerf triple-chip construction that offers clean cuts without damaging the material elsewhere.
Among the several great features of the saw blade, protection from both corrosion and overheating due to the coating of the Perma shield is quite exceptional. Other than that, the saw blade has a laser-cut and an anti-vibration system as well.
- The material of the Freud D1296L Diablo Laminate Flooring Saw Blade is of high quality which provides the blade with great strength. The teeth are sharp and therefore cutting through materials is more effortless. The coating of the blade prevents it from getting overheated. You can easily use this blade with any size miter saw and table. Lastly, it comes with a guarantee of a lifetime.
- There are mainly two complaints regarding the Freud D1296L Diablo Laminate Flooring Saw Blade. One is its cost because compared to the other blade saws with similar features, this saw is quite expensive. And the other issue is its compatibility as it cannot cut through materials greater than 700 sq. feet.
Evolution: Stainless Steel Saw Blade Cutting Laminate Flooring
- Evolution Power Tools 14BLADESS Stainless Steel Cutting Saw Blade is a carbide-built circular saw blade for effortlessly cutting metal, stainless steel.
- The 14 inches of carbide-tipped teeth come in a total number of 90.
- It has an arbor size of 1 inch and a lightweight of 1 pound.
- It has a thin kerf of 0.094 for maximizing both the precision and performance of the machine.
- The saw blade can efficiently operate at a speed of 1600 RPM.
- The design of the saw blade ensures smooth operation with saws of low RPM.
- Brand Name: Evolution
- Material: Carbide
- Weight: 1 Pound
- Item Dimensions: 14 x 14 x 1 inches
- Teeth Number: 90
- Customer Rating on Amazon: 4.5 out of 5
Evolution Power Tools 14BLADESS Stainless Steel Cutting Saw Blade is one of the best blades for cutting laminate flooring. Even though the blade has lightweight, the efficiency is still quite remarkable due to its carbide built. It also offers the users great comfort and fatigue-free operation due to its lightweight. Besides that, the blade offers great accuracy and precision while cutting through hard materials like stainless steel or metal because of the thin kerf it offers. The buyers may find the price of the blade a bit high, but the offered features of this blade make up for it.
- Evolution Power Tools Stainless Steel Cutting Saw Blade comes at a lightweight and therefore you can comfortably operate it with a saw without having to deal with hardship. This saw blade provides you with great precision due to its thin kerf. The effortlessness of this blade saw of cutting through stainless steel is remarkable.
- There are several complaints regarding the Evolution Power Tools Stainless Steel Cutting Saw Blade. This blade is said to become dull after only a few uses and as a result, the lifespan of the product is quite short compared to the other available options. Overheating may also be an issue with this saw blade. It is also very pricey in comparison to other blade saws.
Norske Tools: Diamond Saw Blade for Cutting Flooring
- Norske Tools NCSBP284 Saw Blade is made of Polycrystalline diamond and offers great strength and rigidity during operation.
- It offers greater cutting life and faster cutting due to the material of the blade being abrasion-resistant.
- Dust minimization and upgraded material removal are possible due to the gullet design being extra-large.
- The expansion slots, anti-vibration technology, and laser-cut body of the blade offer a reduction of both vibration and noise throughout the operation.
- Brand Name: Norske Tools
- Material: Polycrystalline diamond
- Weight: 2.31 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 12 x 0.13 x 12 inches
- Teeth Number: 8
- Customer Rating on Amazon: 4.5 out of 5
If you are in search of a blade for cutting laminate flooring, you should consider the Norske Tools NCSBP284 Saw Blade. Even though it is a bit heavy compared to other available options, it has great features and strengths that most of the others don’t offer. For example, the material of Polycrystalline diamond makes this saw blade abrasion-resistant. This allows a prolonged cutting life and faster cutting.
The blade also comes with other exceptional features like- expansion slots, anti-vibration technology, laser-cut body, dust minimization, upgraded material removal, etc. These features contribute greatly to the success of your project.
- The Norske Tools NCSBP284 Saw Blade demonstrates great strength and efficiency during cutting through hard materials. It has a great cutting life. The blade will provide you with a speedy operation. It also offers minimized vibration and noise. The cost of the blade is quite budget-friendly as well.
- The main problem with the Norske Tools NCSBP284 Saw Blade is its short lifespan. Besides that, it is also not very user-friendly according to some users. This saw blade doesn’t provide a smooth finish and dulls easily after a few uses. The weight of the blade may also be an issue if you are looking for a comfortable operation.
Best Saw Blade for Cutting Laminate Flooring: Buying Guides
There are several features that play important roles in making sure that your saw blade works perfectly and can provide you with all the necessary features. But before making a sound decision you need to understand each feature perfectly. The features to look out for when deciding upon the best saw blade for cutting laminate flooring are given below for your benefit.
The material of your saw blade is one of the most essential factors to look into. Because the strength of your blade severely depends upon its material. Therefore, if you need a saw blade in order to perform a rigorous task, you should definitely go for one that is made of titanium carbide. Because this material can provide the blade with a great service life as well as maximum strength.
The next feature to look for in your saw blade is the size of the kerf. You should select a saw blade that has a thin kerf because this offers you a true cut and also makes sure that you get faster cuts with great accuracy. So, make sure the saw blade you are leaning towards has a thin kerf for better precision and speed.
The teeth number of a saw blade determines the accuracy and smoothness with which the blade will make its cuts. The larger the number the higher will be the finishing smoothness. Therefore, make sure your saw blade has a large number of teeth for maximizing both smoothness and performance.
Making sure that your saw blade has this feature is a great way of ensuring convenient and precise cuts. Because this feature minimizes the vibration during operation, it automatically increases the comfort of the user as well as the precision of the cuts.
Blade Types for Cutting Laminate
There are mainly four types of blades from which you can select according to your preference. In this section, we will briefly discuss these types.
Plywood Blade: If you are searching for a blade for engineered flooring, moldings, or cutting paneling, you should select the plywood blade. It consists of 100 or more teeth and is manufactured with High-Speed steel.
All-purpose Steel Blade: This blade is inexpensive and has a total number of 40 teeth. You can use it for several operations with convenience.
Combination Blade: You can select this blade if you need smooth and quick cuts, versatility, and minimal splintering. It consists of a teeth number between 80 to 100 and is highly recommended for laminate flooring.
Cut-off Blade: You need this blade to make fast rough cuts with its teeth of a number between 60 to 80. It also has a hook angle of 10 degrees for better ease of cutting.
How to cut a Laminate Floor with Blades?
At first, you’ll need to measure your laminate board to ensure proper thickness for cutting. Now place a paper over the board and mark where the first cut needs to be. Make sure to spare ⅙ inches while marking and cutting. Use a measuring tape to mark a complete line of the cut for better precision.
Now do the same using another piece of plank and paper. Now to prevent peeling or chipping let the planks rest overnight.
Later, properly place the planks over the flooring and screw the ends correctly. Lastly, measuring the required length makes cuts accordingly. If you find any gaps after doing so, use a filter to fill them up.
FAQs on Best Saw Blade for Cutting Laminate Flooring
Do you need a special blade for cutting laminate flooring?
Even though you can cut through laminate flooring with all sorts of blades, it is still important to choose the right kind so that the blade doesn’t wear out or damage the material. The right choice of saw blade for cutting wood floor includes a thin kerf and set of carbide-tipped teeth of 80 to 100. However, if your task includes cutting through fiber cement or other hard materials, it is important to have a few teeth of a diamond as well. These ensure accurate and effortless cuts.
How many teeth saw blades for cutting laminate flooring?
In order to cut through laminate flooring, the number of teeth depends upon the saw blade itself. If you are using a saw blade that’s diamond-tipped, the number can be less as the diamond-tipped one is quite powerful and capable of cutting through hard materials. However, if your saw blade is of miter and circular saw then you need a large number of teeth starting from 80 and higher. Because otherwise cutting through materials like fiber cement can be very difficult.
Can I use a circular saw to cut laminate flooring?
You can definitely use a circular saw in order to cut laminate flooring without much trouble. But it is important to know that to use this saw you’ll need some additional tools as well for proper execution. You will not only need a work surface for convenient application but you will also require a square. For the work surface, you should consider the plywood and sawhorses for more control and ease.
Does laminate flooring dull saw blades?
Yes, laminate flooring definitely dulls the blade due to the protective layer it is coated with. It also has a chip of aluminium oxide that tends to wear out the sharpness of the blade. Due to these reasons, the sharp blade teeth can’t conveniently cut through the material without losing their sharp tips. Therefore, the harder the tip the longer these blades last, and due to this reason diamond-tipped teeth are the first preference in order to cut through hard materials.
Can you cut laminate flooring with a utility knife?
You can easily use a utility knife to cut through laminate flooring because this knife has enough strength and sharpness to make the cuts. However, it is important to make sure the knife has sharp blades to make the cutting process effortless. Also, if you select a utility knife to cut through laminate flooring, you’ll need to sharpen the blades beforehand as well as after use. Because the blade of the knife will definitely become dull frequently.
Take the Best Saw Blade
Even though woodworking is a relaxing hobby, it requires professional tools in order to maintain peace and patience. Because without the necessary tools, this task can not only be rigorous but can also be quite troublesome and costly as mentioned before. Therefore, in this article, we discussed the 7 best saw blades for cutting laminate flooring. We not only talked about their features and specifications for your consideration but also added their advantages and disadvantages as well so that you can get a clearer view of each product.
For further convenience, we have also added a buying guide on saw blades so that you can easily understand the features and can therefore differentiate the products according to your preference. We hope you found this article helpful and that it has provided you with the answer you have been looking for.